GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Mid Week Progress

I have an even dozen of my Star Blossom blocks done now!
I went ahead and layed them out with some random squares to use 
as cornerstones just to see how this quilt is shaping up!
Ms. Cupcake and I are working on this project "together"...
using Madhuri fabrics.


Thelma posted her progress today... and Ms. Lightning is 
nearly done! I love what she is doing with her version of the pattern!
She made her quilt with only 16 blocks so it can be square. 
I like the idea of a square quilt but I was thinking more in terms of adding
an additional row... making the quilt 25 blocks.
We will see what happens.



My inner stars for the block are completed, so I won't be too far behind!
And do you remember my "reverse" flying geese units?
Well, I am thinking about incorporating those into the outside border of the quilt.

I do love working on projects with Thelma. It's fun to text and share pictures
of  out progress to each other. Almost like being there  sewing together ...


In the mean time...
I cut out this project.
Sail Away.
It will be next on my list. 
I managed to do some prepping on it during my lunch hour! I ran up to my LQS 
and got the layer cake cut... I just need to cut the background fabric now...
maybe during my lunch time on Friday!


10 friends stopped by to chat:

paulette said...

Gorgeous quilt blocks!! Love it!

Kate said...

You're making great progress!

gailss said...

Good progress and looking good....this is a really nice pattern and doing with a friend always goes faster.

Nicole said...

I really love this Sinta! The pattern shows off those beautiful fabrics so well.

greg @ grey dogwood studio said...

The Star Blossoms are looking great! I like how the stars have a fun little crown.

Anonymous said...

Looks great Sinta! Wish I had a close LQS that would let me sit for an hour during lunch and work on my fabric. That would be such a great change of pace during the day!

Elizabeth said...

I do like star quilts and yours has such pretty colours too. I look forward to seeing it finished.

Anonymous said...

Looking good!

Dee said...

Those blocks look so bright and happy. It's going to be a very cheerful quilt. That sounds like a nice way to spend your lunch hour and a great way to get things done.

Craftluver said...

Great pattern! Now i know what to do with this FT layer cake!