GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Wednesday, August 13, 2014

What I'm Working On Wednesday

How did Wednesday come so fast? 
I know I haven't been having that much fun!
Just working... but
over the weekend I was able to work on
my Sail Away quilt.

My boats are starting to take formation~

Add in some waves...

and we have some high seas mist!
I had to lay it all out just to see them all lined up!

The hubs and I had Evie for most 
of the weekend... that makes it  "A" okay not to
get much of any of sewing done. 
Maybe that's why time has still been at warp speed.

What I was super excited to see in my mail yesterday was...


Yippee! I think I was the last one to get my kit in the mail...
or at least it felt like it.  
The envelope was completely open... I think the mailman was deciding if he
wanted it or just wanted to pet my fabric!

I am going to make two at the same time.
I decided (surprise, surprise) that I will be using Fig Tree fabric for 
the second version. I am just not done using the fabric I used in Sail Away!

When Moda came out with Size Matters, Joanna made up
several of the designers' blocks in her fabrics...
This picture is from her blog. 
So I thought I would use the same idea for the Moda Modern BOM!

Looks like fun hu?

15 friends stopped by to chat:

Jeanna said...

Seeing hearts and stars! And of course some amazing sail boats.

Patty said...

These boats look good. You are doing a gret job.

Karen said...

I got mine the mail this week as well and I'm super excited as well.

greg @ grey dogwood studio said...

I can't wait to see the print version of Building Blocks! I'm nearly done with the first 36" block. Yikes, it's huge! Lots-o-bias in this block.

Linda said...

I adore the sail boats...and baskets and stars...just wonderful!!

Carol said...

Your boats are awesome. I didn't do the BOM but I got the Moda pattern in the mail today. It's so cool. I have a new blog: sewquiltcreate@blogspot.com

Just Sew Sue said...

Very envious, the patterns aren't due in the UK until the end of the month.

Pinkadot Quilts said...

I am really tempted by this quilt....I think the Fig Tree fabrics will make it look great!

Wendy said...

I love this quilt! Two weeks ago I ordered 4 Fig Tree patterns and almost made this one the 5th, but thought maybe I needed to put the brakes on...it isn't going anywhere right? I can still order it when I get some of my other projects completed. I have just 5 more Jumping Jacks blocks to make and I may reward myself with this pattern...I love it! Yours is really making me wish I had started this one first.

gailss said...

Your boats are coming along nicely and won't be long now. I just love the Fig Tree fabrics and could use with almost any quilt ....even have threads to match now!

Thimbleanna said...

Those little boats are adorable. I really like the pretty aqua you're using for the background!

Sue said...

Your Sail away quilt is really coming along ! Perfect background fabric !!!!

Andee said...

I so want to do this BOM too, not in the budget this month but it is on my list! I will be watching your progress and drooling!

Carol said...

Hey Sinta, did you know Fig Tree just came out with a Mini Sail Away pattern? I bought it yesterday.

Michele said...

Oh it does look like fun!! Your sail away is amazing!!! I just love that blue background. Where did you get your kit? I'd like to join in but I think I'm a little late for the party.