GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Friday, November 21, 2014

Night Sky Quilt Along Finished


I finished my Night Sky quilt be Thimble Blossoms!
And not a day too soon.
I was playing with Jana M who hosted the Night Sky Quilt Along!


I used an assortment of my American Jane fabric from my stash.
The fabrics are all pretty busy...
so I was nervous that it would be overload...



But I think it turned out just fine.


I had originally thought about making up my own block arrangement...
but after playing with other options...
I thought the original layout on the pattern worked just fine.

There are no borders on the pattern but I am considering
adding a border to it.

I am so glad that I played along on this one!
Thanks Jana! It was fun and also seeing everyone else's quilt 
in progress on Instagram!



Now, I am back to working on Sail Away!
 I stopped working on this in September 
while sewing the rows together... so I just 
need to finish that and add the borders! It was on my
 list to finish before the end of the year. I think 
I will get it checked off soon!



17 friends stopped by to chat:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Ooooh I love stars!! And the boats are so cute! Have a fun weekend!

Kris said...

I love it Sinta! And I love the sail away too!!!!
xo Kris

Hildy said...

Love your Night Sky it's amazing!

Needled Mom said...

I love that Night Sky quilt. Great job on it.

T Holzer said...

I'll admit that I was nervous with your chosen fabric line, but I really like the finished product. Good job!

Sue said...

The American Jane fabrics really worked with this quilt ! Just beautiful !

Those boats are just adorable and you are so close to finishing it too ! Way to go !

Judy said...

Your quilt is beautiful! I LOVE the boats!! Congrats on two wonderful quilts! I'm a confident beginner so the boat pattern looks better for me. Thank you for sharing this post!!
jlblvn at gmail dot com

Suze said...

Each is a great quilt. I love, love, love the sailboats. The original design of the other quilt is great and no your stash did not lead to print overload - great job.

Jana Machado said...

As I said on IG I LOVED your quilt! You're so fast, you just need to share how could you make this top so quickly! And you have some WIPs! Thank you so much for playing along! I'm in trouble now most of the friends I invited to quilt along had their top completly done! I'm half way on both of my versions!

anneski said...

Both quilts are lovely

Stacy said...

Love what you did. To be honest, it is my favorite one I have seen so far! Good job!

Sharon said...

Gorgeous!!!!

Thimbleanna said...

Great stars Sinta -- not too busy at all!

Cheryl said...

I love your version of Night Sky, simply stunning!

Sherry said...

I LOVE night sky - awesome!

Anonymous said...

Now I love American Jane and have made two quilt tops now with her collections - but in looking at the big picture of your Night Sky quilt - I wouldn't have guessed it was her stuff. Only up close do I recognize her signature look - but it came together in a quilt top that is wonderful and blended so well together. Great finish!

Lesley said...

Love your Night Sky! I am watching the QAL quilts across blog land and very tempted to make one of these. Yours is so gorgeous, fresh and fun!