GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Monday, March 23, 2015

Quilting Group Porjects


Did you celebrate National Quilting Day?
I did find time to play in the sewing room on Saturday... and
a little bit on Sunday too!
The project above is a pattern by Carrie Nelson that we
are working on this month in the AYOS group.


I am super excited to get this quilt put together. 
My focus this weekend was to work on my Bees Knees
quilts. I have 3 unfinished quilts as a result of being
The one above is my current project.
I still have blocks coming back to me, so this quilt will 
grow more! 
I love the look of it so far though! 


This was a result of my first year in the Bees Knees.
Everyone made the wheel blocks for me.
But from there I was suppose to make them into octagon shape...
and then into squares. I know! It's scary just to think about it!
So I have put it off for quite a long time!
Nerve wraking! 
But... since it was National Quilting Day... I got braved and
attempted it!
I think it's working too!!! 
I think I will be playing with this one throughout this week.
I will share my progress!
(this quilt is one I saw first at Hyacinth Blog)

This is another one that I did along with my Bees Knees group.
I only had the blocks half way sewn together. I kept thinking I was going to make
it larger. But after looking at it I figured it was just fine the size it
is. So, I sewed the rest of the blocks together. 
It was a pattern from Moda Bake Shop. I think it's called
Starry-eyed. I love the Countdown Til Christmas fabric that
the original was made in but since I embarked on this journey
long after that fabric was available my fabric choice was this
group by Aneela Hoey.


Now, this is a photo depicting my lunch hour today.
It made for a nice break in the day.

I think this is how I will spend my lunch time everyday this week!


11 friends stopped by to chat:

Kris said...

I love all of those! I am a wee scared of those odd shapes though!
I am in a good book too!
Enjoy the weather!! XO Kris

Hildy said...

I've finished my Schnibbles top this weekend, too, just need to quilt it! Just need to quilt it:-)
And I have a lot of UFOs, too, perhaps I should work on them. IT's sure satisfying to finally finish a quilt.
I've just finished 'The Red Door' by Charles Todd it was a really good book. Enjoy your lunches:-)

Thimbleanna said...

You are a busy girl! It's fun to see your UFO progress. I love wheel blocks. Looking forward to seeing these finished!

Sandra said...

All so very nice. I enjoyed seeing them.

Karen said...

The wheel block is so good. I've been wanting to make that for a while, just can't quite get started.

Strlady said...

You have been busy!!! I love them all. I took Thursday and Friday off work to do some sewing over the weekend. I was able to prep and start the applique for the first month's block of the Austin Blue Bird sampler. Loving it. I also finished the pieced parts too.

Jeanna said...

Love the wheel blocks but they are way above my skill set. I'll be interested to see how you pull it together.

Starbucks and a good book...nothing better :)

Linda in Calif. said...

Pretty quilts - and I love the way you captured the sun coming through on the one quilt.

Needled Mom said...

You made great use of National Quilting Day! The sampler mini looks so cute and I love those wedge blocks. I can't wait to see what you do with them.

QuiltNut Creations said...

Beautiful quilts! You had a great national quilting day.

gailss said...

Nice progress Sinta and looks like there will be a few finishes real soon....love them all.