GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Friday, April 24, 2015

Civil War Remembered Book Review and Eye Candy Galore!

Evidently this week I have been engrossed in
what is new and fabulous in the quilting world 
right now.
Before the week ends I have a couple more things to share 
about books that are hot off the press!
Starting with this one:


I have a great love of  historical quilts.
Civil War Remembered is an
amazing and inspiring book!
It's published by Martingale. You can find it on their website
or at Amazon if you are interested in a copy of it.


There are 19 projects in the book.

I am sure that you are familiar with the Country Threads
ladies.


Mary Etherington and Connie Tesene. 
In this book they present 
a fresh assortment of distinctive designs. 


The quilts range in various sizes...
including small dolly quilts.


(photography by Brandon Kane)

And every one of them is gorgeous!


This book is so well written and
there isn't a project that I don't want to make!


I haven't gone traditional
in my quilting repertoire in a long time...
but I know I have lots of these fabrics 
stashed away waiting for the right pattern...
and in this case... BOOK.



The authors, Mary and Connie, have made beautiful scrappy quilts
in stunning vintage colors.
The quilt below is the only quilt in the book that has
applique... and it's just a small amount on the handle.


You can see these photos and more
And check out what they did to the little
dolly quilts to make them look "authentic".

(photo from Country Threads blog)


Fun background fabirc!

These are some pictures from Country Threads.



Cute school house quilt, right?

Yes, I love this one a whole lot!

Here comes the weekend!
So many possibilities...
Are you inspired?




7 friends stopped by to chat:

Elizabeth said...

I agree with you--they are all gorgeous, interesting designs. And as much as I love bright modern fabrics, there's something so right about the more traditional palette.

Hildy said...

The book is already on my amazon wish list (btw I need some billionaire to hack this list and send them all my way ... poor guy will then be poor;-) and although the colors are so not my style I love the quilt patterns and one of the most fun is to see a pattern with totally other fabrics.
This weekend I'll test a pattern now that'll be some fun, too. Let you know how it's going.
Have a wonderful weekend:-)

Anonymous said...

You just know that this one is on my wish list!

Rosa said...

Anyone is absolutely beautiful!

Kris said...

What a bunch of pretty quilts! The new baby is gorgeous. Love the pic of the two girls together.
I need to order my Farmgirl book!!! So I can sew along too!!
Trying to play catch up!
xo Kris

JoAnne said...

I love this book! I got it when it first came out a few weeks ago. I have the first book and love all the projects in this one, too. When can I find the time to do them? Right now I'm still deciding on which one from the new book that I love best. As an interesting aside, Country Threads was the very first Quilt Shop I ever visited. It was a tough act to follow, believe me!

Thimbleanna said...

What a great selection of quilts -- thanks for the review!