GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Friday, September 23, 2016

First Weekend of Fall Ahead!



Image result for the pattern basket pumpkin seeds quilt

I have a new 
layer cake of Chestnut Street that 
is calling to me... 
so how could I resist this 
cute Pumpkin Seeds 
pattern by The Pattern Basket?
I have been watching these pumpkins pop up on 
Instagram over the past 
week or so and I love each and
every one of them!

I have big plans on playing in the 
sewing room over the weekend...
however, I also feel a cold coming on...
so,
my plans might get derailed.
I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will
not succumb to it!

I also had a little bit of trouble 
when the announcement 
came for new
programs; 2017 edition!





(photo borrowed from Fig Tree & Co.)

I signed up for Nantucket.
I only allowed myself 
one new BOM because, well, I 
still have the two 
I am doing this year to catch up on!

I hope you have fun plans for the weekend...
it's the first weekend of Fall!!!

8 friends stopped by to chat:

Karen said...

I resisted the Fig Tree BOMs. I have no even untied the bundle of Sherbet solids I bought this summer.

You need to start up BOM Rehab again!!!!

Nancy said...

FYI there is a correction to the pattern on her site.
Step Seven Outside border

the secound line should read

From the background fabric cut two strips 4" by 48 1/2" and sew one onto the top and one onto the bottom of the quilt top

the finished size of the quilt will 48 1/2" by 60 1/2"

greg @ grey dogwood studio said...

I signed up for Nantucket and the red/cream BOMs, but I passed on the vintage applique. I still need to get going on this year's mystery BOM and I'm planning to work on LAST YEAR's Christmas BOM in November and December. We can encourage each other to work on Nantucket!

Hildy said...

I really love the pumpkins from The Pattern Basket but I have so many quilts I wanna make I only allowed myself to buy a new pattern if I've finished at least two of the quilts on my list (unless it's Thimbleblossoms or Fig Tree;-)
Hope you have a great weekend!

Laura VanVleet said...

Do you have a link to the Nantucket BOM? I lived there for awhile and I'm interested in this BOM. Thanks!

Sherry said...

I love the pumpkin blocks, I hope you get the chance to work on that quilt this weekend. I am so tempted to sign up for one of the Fig Tree blocks of the month but I have so much to finish and many projects that aren't started so I plan to resist, we will see.

Darlene said...

I do love the Fig Tree BOMs but only signed up for the red and cream version.

I hope you're not getting a nasty cold.

Needled Mom said...

Oh fun!!!! Love the Pumpkin Seeds.