GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Thursday, March 30, 2017

Dutch Tulip Blog Hop


Are you ready for April showers... bring May flowers?

It's almost April... and today we have a little more than sprinkles
outside!

I love tulips... and I am ready to get out there and garden...
once it stops raining anyway!

So the next best thing is to make flowers and
quilt, of course!
This is a new pattern by It's So Emma and
the quilt below was made by our wonderful 
friends!
They asked me to play along...




and I was more than happy to play with the Dutch Tulips pattern!


I love white tulips so I tried out my first block with white=ish fabrics.

The blocks are so fast and fun to make...
that my garden of tulips kept growing fast!



I decided that I wanted my tulips to be a wall hanging...

so I altered the setting of the pattern.

I just got finished redecorating my home for a fresh spring look...
and I think this will be a nice addition!




I'm working on the binding now... 


and can't wait to hang this up in my house...
it's so cheerful!

I would love to make this pattern again for the guest room...
it's so welcoming!

Thanks Fat Quarter Shop for letting me play along in the 
blog hop!

Tonya from The Crafty Mummy
Taunja from Carried Away Quilting
Sinta from Pink Pincushion
Melissa from Happy Quilting Melissa
Kim from Persimon Dreams
Kristen from Three in the Nest
Patty from Elm Street Quilts
Lucy from Charm About You

Fat Quarter Shop is having a giveaway over on their blog today too...
so, be sure to enter!


Thanks for stopping by!
oh, and check out the Dutch Tulip video by Fat Quarter Shop on
You Tube too!

5 friends stopped by to chat:

Hildy said...

Love your tulip quilt it's perfect for spring!

Grandma said...

Pretty, like the boards, vey nice

Alyce @ Blossom Heart Quilts said...

Oh it's so sweet!

Sherry said...

I love this pattern and was tempted to drop everything and start a tulip quilt. I think that your wall hanging will be a great addition to your spring decorating, it is so pretty.

Sally Jane said...

I love your little black and white stripe with the pastels and red. Makes me think of Julilly Studio fabrics. Sew cute!