GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Can You Feel The Heat

Can you feel the heat... and I don't really mean the weather! This wonderful little box came in the mail yesterday! I now have my secret assignment for Spring Market! The heat is on... but I'm up for the challenge! I can't wait to let you know what it is... but for now, it's underwraps!

Here is a photo of the Lupines I have at the begining of our driveway. MyDH & DS (#2) went out yesterday and cut the lawn and did weedeating but saved the beautiful lupines for me! DS said he was going to cut them into a heart shape (but didn't)... isn't that sweet though? So, Happy Earth Day!




I just found out that Amy over at Park City Girl is holding the 1st annual Bloggers Quilt Fest! How cool is that? There has been over 100 entries per day getting added into the festival. Today the number is in the mid 500's. So, I took a photo of one of my quilt to enter...

What I remember most about making this quilt is that I was rushing to get the border and binding on it. I didn't like the black & white toile very much with the blocks, so I tea dyed the fabric and it turned out pretty good. But when I went to add the binding it was to bold... so again, a quick tea bath! I was in such a hurry that I had to dry the fabric while I was in the car with the heater on full blast and the fabric blowing around in front of the vents! But it dried, I got that binding made and on the quilt that day! I have been tempted to send it to my husbands heart surgeon on the anniversary of his surgery! That man not only saved my husband (twice, I might add) but he also saved all of our hearts too. What do you think?


Posted by Picasa

12 friends stopped by to chat:

Jocelyn said...

I think it would be a wonderful gift to give the heart surgeon who saved your hubby's life. What a special gift. The one you give to the Dr and the one the Dr gave to you :-) Great quilt.

Nancy G said...

What a wonderful gift! Love what I call 'bluebonnets' in your yard. lol

Jodi Nelson said...

Love the Lupines. They're beautiful! And the heart quilt is fabulous!

Bunny said...

Oh my this is a special quilt and how nice it would be to give this to the Dr. I am sure it would touch his heart. Love this quilt, so very meaningful.

Anonymous said...

I love the hearts....so cute....wonderful gift to give too...very kind.

Stina Blomgren said...

Wow..I love lupines..and they are so beautiful when there are sooo many of them.. ahhh Love!! :o)
Love the quilt too.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Love the lupines! I have one in my garden. They don't like it much here on the East Coast. At least not in my garden. And I think that would be a wonderful gift to give.

Jennifer Ofenstein said...

I've done tea dying for other projects, but not for quilting. Hmmm, so many ideas from all these wonderful blogs!

It's a lovely quilt!

Jean said...

One of my favorite things is "hearts"... I'm thinking that if your DH heart surgeon doesn't have hearts all over his office he/she ought too! What a sweet thing for you son to think of! Sounds like something my son would think of too! The quilt is lovely!
Enjoy your day!

Sherri said...

What a fun story about your quilt...I can just see that fabric blowing in the car! And wow...a secret project for spring market...how exciting!

Unknown said...

Very sweet gift - you should! Thanks for sharing :)

quiltmom anna said...

HI Sinta,
I have loved the Buggy Barn pattern forever it seems- I have planned to make it for a very long time- I even bought the pattern twice LOL. It still remains on my list - maybe some time soon..
Thanks for sharing your beautiful version of the quilt.
The photo of the lupins is lovely too.
Regards,
Anna