GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Friday Again?

Nearly every year I make plans to go to Road To California. If you don't know about it, it's a huge quilt show with a bunch of vendors down in Onterio Ca. It is held at the Onterio Convention Center. (Which happens to be right near my mother's house). I have so much fun when I go down there to attend the event and I can tell you I am starting to make my plans for the next one. It isn't until mid-January but the class list is up right now and things are filling up. You can check it out at http://www.road2ca.com/.


I didn't go last year and had really wanted to take a class from Barbara Jones of Quilt Soup. I was so disappointed when I read about how much fun her class was... but luckily she is teaching (and vending) at the show again this year!


As part of the Charming Girls Quilt Club... we have been tagged to answer 5 questions about ourselves. The questions are:


1. My Favorite Fabric is:
2. The pattern I'm most looking forward to sewing is:
3. The food that is my weakness:
4. If I knew I couldn't fail, I'd:
5. The Best "Life" Advice I know is:


1. My favorite fabric is... Patisserie, I can't get enough of it. But I am waiting (patiently) for Rouenneries by French General to be released. It is so gorgeous!
2. The pattern I am most looking forward to sewing is... Miss Rosie's Due South. I think this one is going to turn out beautiful. It has a unique look to it.
3. The food that is my weakness: healthy: Artichokes, unhealthy: ice cream!
4. If I knew I couldn't fail, I'd: Now, I could be a dreamer and say that I would want to live on a large sailboat and sail up and down the coast (I'm to chicken to go for the "high seas" stuff). Or I could be practical and say I would love to open a fabric shop... which is a lot of hard work but I am use to hard work and would love it, the creativity and the people contact. I could do it until I died and I would be happy.
5. The best life advice I know is: Don't sweat the small stuff & you can only make the best decision with the options that are available to you at that time.


Now if you are still with me, I thought I would share one of my favorite blogs. It's called the White Bench. It's a wonderful place to stop and visit and see some great photography and read a little bit of this and that. Monica has a Golden Retriever... who is very photogenic.

I actually started this post on Wednesday and started to share a baby quilt that Jill just finished for a friend. I think it is adorable. I am only showing a bit of it because everything she makes is original... and one day... soon... might turn into a pattern.

Sorry, I will be better with pictures next time!! Have a wonderful weekend!

4 friends stopped by to chat:

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

i haven't been to road to california but i will be out in LA next week for quilt festival!! i'm very excited!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Fun info about you! We have a lot in common (except the artichokes)! Love the fabric and pattern, and your advice is great! Thanks so much for playing, so we could enjoy getting to know a bit more about you!

ranette said...

Ohhhhh....I'm waiting for the fabric from French General as well....I can tell it's one that I will LOVE and I can't wait!!!

Oh how I wish I could go to Road2Ca next year. I went in 2008 and had so much fun.

Sherri said...

I've always wanted to go to Road to California as well...one of these days! Love your tag answers...I love artichokes too...and also think owning a quilt shop would be great fun!