GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Friday, July 10, 2009

Progress Report

Boy, it's Friday already. This week went by so fast.
I just hope the weekend doesn't go by as fast!
I have a quilt shop in Norway to share with you as my "blog of the week" selection.
I just love to go to this site and look at all the pictures. I would live in this store if I could! It's called Kathrine's Quilt Stu. The quilts are so sweet. There is only some English written in the blog but it's the photos (and the colors) that inspire me. However, I would like to figure out the exchange rate for the U.S. dollar! I could do some serious spending there. I'm just sayin'.
I didn't get much done, if anything done, this week. My parents were visiting. There was food to eat and games to play! Quilting took the back-burner, sad to say.
I did make a little bit of progress on my little Dresden's. Sorry to keep showing them to you but I just get excited over each step.. they seem to come to life! Borders are on their way... part of the weekend plan.

I had this cut out and on my table for a while now and finally finished it. Jill (soon to be DIL) had made the large version... which I liked but she says it's an abyss. The small version seems a little small but would be better if the longer handles were on it. So I tried something... I wanted to see what it looked like inside out...
and here it is. I think I like it better this way. The pockets show on the outside now and I folded down the top part. I was hoping that it would look a little less like Christmas. What do you think?

Enjoy your weekend!

7 friends stopped by to chat:

Vickie E said...

wow that dresden is looking fab...I want to make it too!

Jodi Nelson said...

Your dresden quilt is looking fabulous!

Chookyblue...... said...

keep showing your dresdan i love it..........and your bag looks great too......

Sherri said...

You could post those Dresdens every day, and I'd never tire of looking at them! Great bag, too!

ranette said...

I love the Dresden's...I think I've mentioned it before haven't I....lol...I really am going to have to make this quilt.
The bag is very cute and I don't think it looks like Christmas at all.
I had a look at Kathrine's Quilt Stu and I could move right in with you :o)

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

super jealous of the dresden quilt... looking great!

Anonymous said...

Your dresden is gorgeous.