GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Friday, January 8, 2010

Trying On A New Look

California here I come!
Okay... I live in California.
what I mean is:
Road To California here I come!
It is now less than a week away for a girlie getaway!
A couple of friends and I are heading down to sunny Southern California to attend the Quilter's Conference at the Ontario Convention Center. I have been there several times in the past and it's always fun! My mom lives nearby, so it will be a two for one kind of trip. I might even talk her into coming to the show! I still haven't gotten her to start quilting... but shopping... what girl doesn't want to do that? This is a 4 day convention with hundreds of vendors, an amazing quilt show (that one day I am going to enter) and classes given by incredible designers!

While I am there I get to go see Barbara Jones of Quilt Soup and take a class from her on applique. I have a feeling that it is going to be a whole lot of fun...
even though it includes the "A" word!


But for now... it's almost time to start the weekend! Which will include going to the movies and going out to lunch... putting away Christmas *g* and maybe even a little bit of quilting! I hope!

I am hoping that my computer issues are resolved... well, it seems that they were more my issues than blogger issues; never-the-less. I ended up having to delete my post before last... it seems that there was a little "hick-up" there that messed up my sidebar. But I will "repost" it over the weekend because it had Bea's beautiful mini quilt in it and Patty's Winter Wonderland that was spectacular.

I am trying out a new look as long as I was in there monkeying around.
Let me know what you think!
I am still undecided. Of course I couldn't even decide on my lunch today...
so that isn't saying much!
Have a wonderful weekend blogettes!

20 friends stopped by to chat:

Quilts and Cats said...

Love your new look. I too, did a new look this week from My Style Backgrounds. I like it much better now. I had a couple issues but resolved them pretty quickly.

Annette said...

Sounds like a very fun trip! I like your blog design and especially your header. Looks great.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I like your new look--it's refreshing and it fits you---Have a great time this week end and don;t forget to "pack" me in your suitcase for the quilt trip!!!!
Hugs, Di&co
PS I finished Madeling top today--the story and pictures are on my blog site--I still have to hand quilt it!!

Jocelyn said...

I LOVE your new look. Very classy!

eva said...

i LOVE your new blog.....look. i like it better than before.

so-o-o nice.... and looks like all is going well with the new "do"

look forward to stopping by.

xo
eva

Needled Mom said...

I like the new look. Crisp and fresh.

I'll be at Road too. I wouldn't miss a year of it. It is a fabulous show!

Sherri said...

I like the new blog look! You're going to have so much fun at Road to California! I have a hard time making decisions too...we went to PF Chang's for dinner in Las Vegas tonite...I got the same old thing since I can never decide on anything new!

Poppy Cottage said...

I like your new look! Aren't "girl" retreats the best. We have one in less than two weeks and I have already started packing!! Have a wonderful trip!!

Béa said...

Love your new blog look, especially the header. Have a wonderful trip.

Cindy said...

Fun, happy new look. Isn't it great to let your hair down? ROFLOL (I"m afraid to try anything new on my blog...I'd love three columns but am too scared I'll mess my original blog up so I don't do anythign)

Once that Christmas stuff is put away, have a little time for "Sinta" - sew!

Cindy said...

Great new look! You're going to love your class with Barbara Jones. She's a sweetheart!

Kim said...

Oh, yes, I like your new background! Have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

Your blog is looking great! I wish i could join you on your quilt show adventure! Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Barbara is the BEST! You are throughly going to enjoy your class with her!

I can't wait for next week...I'll be there from Tuesday thru Sunday. Taking classes with Jo Morton and seriously thinking about Barbara's "Revisted Needleturn" applique class.

Hugs,

Elaine in SLO, Ca

Stina Blomgren said...

Oh.. Love the new look.. and the background isn´t hoppin...:o)))
Have fun on your trip!!!

Thearica said...

Isnt it so much fun with all of the background sites we have to choose from! I usually change mine a few times a year so I dont get too stale. :)

Love your new look and that is a new site for me! I must go check them out!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Love the new look! And have a GREAT trip!! Can't wait to hear all about it.

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

I love how you call applique the A word... I have a bit of apprehension about it myself!

Julie said...

I love the new look!! Oh it sounds like such a fun time and I'm sure your going to love the class!

an encourager said...

Have fun at the quilt show!