GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Monday, December 6, 2010

Catching Up Part I

This little gem got it's binding on it and got sent off to Cottage Quilts as a sample.
They made a kit out of it too! I just love Quilt Soup patterns and fabrics.
They are just so simple and sweet. 

I am showing the next photos to show you that I made progress
last week on my Charming Girls Club list.
I got my blocks finished but never got a chance to show them to you...

More Quilt Soup fabric but a different pattern.

with the parade last week I got behind on my posting.
I got my rows for Yoyoville finished also, again, last week.
But as much as I love it...
it seems to be the never ending project.
This morning I just realized that the outer border with the houses have trees... that need yoyos.
And I don't see any already made, and I think I made 297. So I guess that means back to making yoyos.


As much as I would love to stray off course and work on these
wonderful little projects, I resist,
because I know that there is no way in *!#*! that I would even
 come close to getting them done in time for Christmas anyway.
I just don't know why I'm not smart enough to get started on these cute holiday projects early in the year... like maybe Spring?

Posted by Picasa

9 friends stopped by to chat:

Sharon said...

Like you, I don't start early enough to get my projects ready for Christmas...but I tell myself that it will be ready NEXT Christmas! Love your projects...very festive!

Darlene said...

You've been busy, busy, busy!!!

Linda said...

Your yoyoville quilt is amazing. Holy moly yo-yos!! I love it. Its going to be stunning!

umbrellalady said...

I agree - I think we must have to have the pressure of the season on us to be inspired. Your yoyoville quilt is going to be lovely but what a huge amount of work!

Michele said...

Yes, I always wonder why I didn't start earlier...I guess its because I usually have something else to work on. I have been working on a Christmas project over the summer that I didn't finish the year before...but then I'm early for the next Christmas aren't I?

Sherri said...

I love everything! I, too, am wondering if I'm really going to have any chance at all of finishing everything I'm hoping too!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

We are all like that. But I have resolution to work on the following after the holidays:

1. My pinwheel sampler for MY bed
2. Jelly roll sampler for Amelia
3. my black/white/green quilt that I'm STILL cutting. I haven't even started piecing yet! Those three FIRST before I do anything else.

HA! Yah. Right.

Your yoyo quilt is AMAZING and you truly have a ton of patience with that one. I would have given up a long time ago.

Pam said...

Your YYV is so fab! Just keep plugging along - You can do it!! My YYV is in Aster Manor - I have all of the houses pre-assembled, the YoYos are stitched down and my four patches are made, but (sigh) I only have 10 rows sewed together. But doggone it - I love it:)I hand piece the YoYo squares to the four patch squares (yep, on the couch with the TV on) and when I complete a row, I machine sew it. That way, when I'm done with the quilt center, I WILL BE TOTALLY DONE WITH THE QUILT CENTER :) Ha! Good luck - hope to see your finished YYV soon!

Lisa D. said...

I love your Victory Garden quilt, Sinta. That's one I've been collecting fabrics for and I want to make it even more after seeing yours!