GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Thursday, December 16, 2010

On Pins & Needles

 I had one of those wonderful opportunities come my way!

I have been on pins and needles throughout the whole journey...
now, I know what you are thinking, it's the holiday's,
 maybe a trip to Paris? Or
a wonderful old Aunt left me a Chateau in her will?

Well, no, but the next best exciting thing for this homebody
was to be a special worker bee for the Fat Quarter Shop!
I got to play with a new line of fabric... that will be released in
March. It's a wonderful group by French General! Ahggg! can you stand it!
I love French General! I was so excited...
but, having been a bartender
and... having been a Catholic...
I have taken certain vows of silence...
and especially because Kim made me promise too keep it  a secret, I had to play quietly.

But I just got the word... about 10 minutes ago, that I can spill the beans!

So here you are.
It's called Parisian Romance.
The pattern is by Monique of Open Gate.
You know Monica, Carrie's friend.
 The one with the wonderful rulers (Fit to be Geese) that make flying geese a breeze.
This is the picture I took before slipping it in the mail.

This is the picture that is on Fat Quarter Shop's web site RIGHT NOW!
Happy dance!  

19 friends stopped by to chat:

Cascade Quilts said...

How COOL is that?!!!! Congratulations!!!!

Michele said...

Congratulations! It's beautiful...what an amazing opportunity! The pictures are gorgeous.

John'aLee said...

How wonderful for you! Darling quilt!

Anonymous said...

I do hope you will get to keep the quilt. How fun for you!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's awesome! Congrats!

Thelma said...

I'm excited you're excited, because if I were you, I would be so excited!! Congratulations, your quilt is lovely and to get your hands on that fabric months before its release...you lucky lucky girl!!

Sherri said...

It's so beautiful Sinta! I love it! What great fabric to work with as well!

Donna said...

Congratulations! What fun you must have had with the pretty new fabrics. The quilt is lovely.

Linda said...

You are the luckiest girl ever! That's so awesome!! I'm excited for you! Beautiful pattern and who doesn't love French General. Congratulations!

Diane H said...

Congratulations - your quilt is stunning! What wonderful fabric!

Rebecca P said...

How fun to play with wonderful fabrics. The quilt is stunning, I will have to get some of that fabric, so beautiful, as

Béa said...

Congratulations Sinta !
Very beautiful quilt & fabrics, very lucky girl.
Kiss.

Carol said...

What fun! It's awesome! You did a great job!

Jocelyn said...

I just LOVE French General!! Congrats on this awesome opportunity.

Cori said...

I really, really like the pattern, thank you or sharing. Congratulation and Merry christmas

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

WOW!!! So COOL!! Congratulations to you!

Brita said...

Congrats! Dancing along with you, LOL!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

I'm so excited for you - and I love the quilt - it's really pretty Sinta!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

...insert a **giggle** here....

I LOVE your SECRET!!! GASP!!!!!

BIG TIME congrats to you for being chosen to be a rock star sewer! The quilt is gorgeous - and French General fabric, too? LUCKY YOU!!!!
I couldn't be happier for you, Sinta!

xxoo
Becky