My friend Patty and I made table runners on Sunday. My wonderful friend Becky at Sweet Cottage Dreams made beautiful table runners out of burlap and white ruffles and I just loved them...
but thought I would copy her wonderful idea and just make it a little Christmas-y.
I found this very old photo of my sister's grandparents and just had to leave it out in a little corner.
I love the way people
use to really dress for the holiday. Red sweatshirts don't count!
I also have some old Christmas cards with photos that I can't bear to part with... so I just incorporated them in the display.
I really love to have Holiday music playing while I am working away at decorating. I have dozens of Holiday CD's and especially love Jazz but...
My favorite songs are:
1. Baby It's Cold Outside by Dean Martin
2. Let It Snow by Frank Sinatra
3. White Christmas by Bing Crosby
4. You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch
5. What Are You Doing New Year's Eve by Ella Fitzgerald
My favorite Christmas movies are:
1. Miracle on 34th Street
2. White Christmas
3. It's A Wonderful Life
4. Sound of Music (don't know why, just like to watch it over the holidays)
5. How The Grinch Stole Christmas.. I love Dr. Suess
Also, I found out the name of the pattern for the forest of trees that I showed in my last post:
it's by Sweet Treasures and it's called Whimsical Cone Trees. Holly Hill Quilt Shop in West Linn Oregon carries the pattern for 3.50