Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Some of My favorite Things

 My friend Patty and I made table runners on Sunday. My wonderful friend Becky at Sweet Cottage Dreams made beautiful table runners out of burlap and white ruffles and I just loved them...
but thought I would copy her wonderful idea and just make it a little Christmas-y.
I found this very old photo of my sister's grandparents and just had to leave it out in a little corner.
I love the way people
 use to really dress for the holiday. Red sweatshirts don't count!
I also have some old Christmas cards with photos that I can't bear to part with... so I just incorporated them in the display.
I really love to have Holiday music playing while I am working away at decorating. I have dozens of Holiday CD's and especially love Jazz but...
My favorite songs are:
1. Baby It's Cold Outside by Dean Martin
2. Let It Snow by Frank Sinatra
3. White Christmas by Bing Crosby
4. You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch
5. What Are You Doing New Year's Eve by Ella Fitzgerald

My favorite Christmas movies are:
1. Miracle on 34th Street
2. White Christmas
3. It's A Wonderful Life
4. Sound of Music (don't know why, just like to watch it over the holidays)
5. How The Grinch Stole Christmas.. I love Dr. Suess

Also, I found out the name of the pattern for the forest of trees that I showed in my last post:
it's by Sweet Treasures and it's called Whimsical Cone Trees. Holly Hill Quilt Shop in West Linn Oregon carries the pattern for 3.50


Linda said...

Love the table runner!! Some of my favorite movies too!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Cute table runner - and I love the deocration with old photos, too. Okay - love all the songs and movies, but I haven't seen White Christmas - I'll have to look for that one!

Quilt Hollow said...

Nothing like a good movie on a chilly day with quilt on lap and some binding. :-) Don't ya think?

Sinta....I can't recall did you see my post from a few days ago? You best have a look! LOL

John'aLee said...

Darling table runner. Okay...I'm going to now watch Christmas movies while I stitch away today!

Michele said...

Love the table runner! Great songs and movies too!

Sherri said...

Great Christmas movies...and songs, too! I also love your postcard display! Hope things are coming together for the graduation and Christmas!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

I am loving that plaid!! Your runner turned out so cute!!!! Aren't they fun to make?

Your Christmas decor looks wonderful!! **swooning over that Union Jack quilt!

I think we need to get together for a sew day and make the tree skirt and some of those trees. What do you think?