GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Friday, March 18, 2011

I guess I have the Luck of the Irish!


I wish this was my quilt rack... but unfortunately it is a photo from
Pottery Barn! They have a beautiful selection of quilts don't they?
Look at that Single Girl quilt in the group!
There is a group making these in blogville right now, and I'm so jealous.
I am going to vow right here and now that I will make
one of these this year!


This isn't a pretty picture but I thought I would share a tip with you...
my Rowenta, some how had gotten a bunch of sticky yuck all over the sole plate,
so I had naturally put it away and took out another iron to use.
Well, of course I got back to it and the pain of cleaning it. When I started
cleaning it though, a light bulb went off and I suddenly remembered reading
someones blog a while back and they suggested using
a dryer sheet on a warm iron
(clipped with a clothes pin, so your fingers don't get burned).
It worked like a charm, easie peasie... do you see that shine?


I got a sweet little package in the mail today from Di at Quilting is Blissful.
I had actually won something!
But not just something... it is a beautiful embroidered bread bag!
I love it!!!
WAIT, HOLD THE PRESSES!
NEWSFLASH!!!!
I... just now, right this very minute
got a phone call from the hubs telling me he got a message on the home phone that I won a raffle prize....
I am ecstatic right now!
 I was at a fundraiser luncheon yesterday (St. Patricks Day) and I put raffle tickets in a bag for
 the only thing there that I really really wanted...
a beach cruiser bike!

Mint Green 24 Inch Womens Beach Cruiser Bike BC-2406L

HOLY COW!!!! SERIOUSLY???
Posted by Picasa

25 friends stopped by to chat:

Brita said...

Run, run, run and buy a lottery ticket!! Congrats, really nice prizes!

Cindy said...

Lucky you! I love the bike!! I'm so tempted by that Single Girl quilt also.

Carrie said...

I LOVE that bike! That's gorgeous!

Thank you for the dryer sheet/iron tip! I hadn't heard of that but the next time I get something gummy on my iron, I'll do that!

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you! Have fun on the bike!

Trisha said...

Congrats on winning the bike! How awesome!

Katie said...

You won a bike?!! How awesome is that?!

Q said...

congratulations on your winnings! you have got to start sewing accessories for your bike right away... get to it!

Anonymous said...

What a great bike to win!! I love the colour!

Ariane said...

What a beautiful bread bag Di made you!! It's gorgeous!! And congratulations on winning the bike!! That's amazing!!!

Carol said...

That bike is so cool, wow, you really do have the luck of the Irish. I love those quilts too, so awesome. Which quilt is the group making? Is it the squarish Wedding Ring?

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Wow! Congratulations! Not only a beautiful redwork gift, but a cool bike too?! Have a happy weekend!

Sherri said...

Congrats!!! I have been wanting a beach cruiser bike like that for years! How wonderful that you won one...I'm so happy for you!

Linda H said...

A dryer sheet!!?? As in a fabric softener sheet - like Bounce? Wow, I'll have to try that. Sounds too easy to be true!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your win!

I'm in the same boat as you on the quilt rack. It would be awesome to have one like that.

The dryer sheet... I had heard that before but have never tried it. I will try to remember that little trick the next time I need to clean my iron. :)

Have a great weekend!

umbrellalady said...

Great bike! And thanks for the dryer sheet tip!

Nan S. said...

Another tip from Sharon Schamber for cleaning your iron is to use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser sponge. It really does work like magic. You can see this video on youtube or on her website.

Anonymous said...

You know we need to see you on that bike! How fun and congrats...get that lotto ticket! Oh...and why do I not think to use a clothespin to hold my dryer sheets while cleaning? Thanks...I had a DUH moment.

Cindy said...

You go girl !!

And major congrats on me seeing that TWO MORE weight loss !!!

Now that's something to HOLLER about too !!!

Hugs.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Wow! Irish luck sure rubbed off on you!

Needled Mom said...

Wow...how lucky you are!!!!! That bread bag was stunning, but the beach cruiser....fabulous! I had one and loved it until someone decided they wanted it. ;(

Rebecca P said...

Congrats on your win, love the darling bread bag & beautiful blue bike.
I use dryer sheets to clean yuck of my iron all the time. When the goo is really bad, what also works is take a dry terry towel & put table salt on it, rub your iron over the salt, & tahda, your iron is shiny new looking.

Jean said...

Too Cute! Congrats... apparently you have the Luck of the Irish!
Enjoy.... although now... that means you have to take time from quilting to ride it! LoL.... Just kidding... just think how much gas $$$ you will save!

retrorevival.biz said...

So happy I found your sweet blog, Sinta Renee! I too have a grungy Rowenta (that I love!) so I'm gonna try cleaning it like you suggested:)

Anonymous said...

I absolutely adore your site! You aggressive me as able-bodied as all the others actuality and your broiled is absolutely nice.
SEM

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your thought on this, I really enjoyed reading it.
Table Booking

helena said...

The health benefits mentioned above are just some of the great things that pomegranate juice can do for you.
black berry