GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Eventide Update and Onward

Eventide is a process... well, it's a
a thinking process...
and here is what I'm thinking now.
Remember when the brown scared me? Well I'm trying the brown again. I'm thinking that it might work.
I'm going to do the inner border squares in red to balance it a bit.
I've decided to just use one red fabric instead of scrappy reds because it's just scrapppy enough (I think).

Now to the onward part...
DS and DIL were home over the weekend. Jilly Bean and I tore it up in the sewing room...
well, she did more tearing up than me. This is a picture of the quilt she whipped up.
She had cut out double the amount she needed, so I had to make one too. Mine are still in
blocks though. She got hers put all together. It is from a pattern of Natalia's at Piece n Quilt.
But what I did get put together was my pinwheel La Playa quilt.
Now I need to concentrate on the borders.

I love this fabric group from Minick and Simpson so much! Charlovioux. I think that's how you spell it.
I think I mentioned before that I got carried away with making HST's for pinwheels from my
jelly roll for the quilt pictured above.
 Today I was over at Quilting Daze and saw what Darlene had made
 from a MBS pattern using the same fabric line.  Since I have a gazillion HST's...
It looks like that is the candidate for my next quilt!
 Please go take a look and read her posts.
(this is a picture of Darlene's quilt; thank you Darlene)
Posted by Picasa

17 friends stopped by to chat:

Cheryl said...

What an adorable quilt you and Jilly Bean cooked up!! I love the Charlevoix as well. Fresh and crisp for summer.

Anita said...

Love the brown! Definitely keep it in.

Q said...

I think your eventide looks spectacular! the brown adds so much contrast and just makes the whole thing pop! I also love Natalia's patterns with that style, will have to make one myself at some point.

Sharrieboberry said...

You were a busy girl. Stopping in to check on the Eventide update. Lookin' good!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

How pretty! All of it.

Sherri said...

You got so much done...and I love everything! Even the brown with Eventide...I think the other colors will all even it out!

Unknown said...

They are all beautiful! Thanks for sharing. :)

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

oooh that is looking so gorgeous, I do like the brown, it kinda balances everything.

Béa said...

Eventide look already spectacular, love it with brown. I too choose to use one same red in the border.
La Playa pattern is on my to-do list, i have to buy it !

Anonymous said...

I do like the brown! All are beauties and gosh...you've been busy!

Judith said...

Eventide looks very beautifull.

Brita said...

Scrappy is harder for me than a planned, coordinated quilt. I tend to do too scrappy, which some people say is not possible! I like the browns, it makes it more cohesive.

The quilt with the appliqued flowers is gonna be sensational! So cute!

Darlene said...

Love your Eventide quilt - the brown looks wonderful.

Jilly Bean was very productive - very cute quilt.

I'm glad you like my version of the MBS quilt - it makes me smile. :-) And, thanks for the 'shout out'.

Thelma said...

Sinta! I L O V E the brown in your Eventide, love it, love it, love it. You had one brown star once upon a time and it appealed to me, but a whole quilt of them, amazing. And a totally different direction from the pattern, you made it your own. I think if you stick with the brown and use brown for the inner border it will look amazing!

That flower quilt is adorable, La Playa another winner. What a great weekend!

Sparky said...

Wow, you are sew good. sew lovely to look at...your designs, blogs..well everything..I put you on our blog roll at stash...well deserving too..many will be sew inspired.

Stina Blomgren said...

Love all those quilts.... :0)
They are all just wonderful... Think I love the one with flowers the most ... :0)

Dandelion Quilts said...

I had eyed that quilt pattern that Darlene made on MBS,too....pretty cool. LOVE the quilts...all of them, especially the one your daughter worked on...screams me. LOL. Gift to myself perhaps???