GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A New Direction

Knowing that it was Tuesday and time to post our updates on Eventide...
I grabbed a block as I ran out the door for work today, so that I could assemble it and take a picture
to show the new direction the block may be heading in.

Of course I didn't seem to grab enough of the star blocks, but you can get the idea.

Last Tuesday,  I posted that I was unhappy about the blocks and how they seem to either
 jump out at you or mooch together. So now I am trying the alternate block with just two colors.
A light and a medium. Not too dark... you know, the Little Red Riding Hood dilema.
edited 3/16  ooops! I had the wrong story... it's a Goldylocks like of dilema!
I need to make some more like this to really get the feel... but so far I am happier.
Contrast, I'm thinkin' is a key eliment.

 
I was working on one or two other things over the weekend.
A few of these, that are shaping up for my "special" project.
A couple of these for Just One Star for the Minick and Simpson Quilt of Valor project.
I have copied off a few of the patterns and am handing them out to the women
in my quilting circle and to some friends who are in other circles,
so they can share the project with them as well.
And I am working on another "special project"... one for
a special someone... and one for me!



Posted by Picasa

15 friends stopped by to chat:

Darlene said...

Love your block!

Oh, the special project for a special someone is adorable.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

You have some very cute projects!

Cheryl said...

Those pincushions will be a nice addition to anyone's collection and I think I know what the other project is for! Can't wait to see what Eventide turns out to be.

Wendy said...

Your projects look great to me. I look forward to seeing much more of your quilt.

Karen K said...

Love the direction your quilt is going!! Really beautiful! Love the pincushions too. I really have to make myself a pincushion!!!

Sherri said...

Love the pincushions! And I really like the new direction your Eventide quilt is taking. I really agree that contrast is so important in this quilt!

Abby and Stephanie said...

So many pretty things in the works. The colors of your quilt blocks are so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Everything spot on wonderful!!!

Cindy said...

Oh goodness, Sinta, your SPECIAL project is SEW SPECIAL !! It's absolutely adorable !!!!!!

You DO keep yourself busy !!!

Nicole said...

I completely switched gears from my original alternate blocks for Eventide too. Don't know what that aspect has been so challenging to get right. I think they work better when they are not so "in your face". Although, Thelma used a touch of red in hers, and it works fabulously. Who knows? I love the new direction you are heading in.

Judith said...

I love your new direction for the quilt.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

One of those coming to my house?? ;). Very nice blocks too.

Kim Brackett said...

Love the way Eventide is looking! I can't wait to see it finished. It will be such a treasure. And your pincushions are adorable!

Simone de Klerk said...

Your special project is adorable!

Debi said...

I love those pincushions...I also noticed your fishy....Weigh to GO! Keep up the great work!