GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Friday, July 29, 2011

Fun News of This and That


I got my bundle of love from Cyndi in the mail this week!
I had won a bundle of fat quarters of the yummy Sew Cherry fabric...
but that's not all!!!
Cyndi, from Bluebird's Wing is always so sweet... she included an assortment of Kate Spain
desk items and a cute lunch tote that it all came in. 
Thank you so much! I feel so lucky!

Then today at my lunch time I received this little package of goodness:
 
Here is a slightly blurry picture of a layer cake group from
Me and My Sister designs. I get to start working on a
shop sample using this group and the pattern you see here!
Lucky me again!
Of course, it will have to wait a tiny bit...
I do have a certain Le Petite project to work on this weekend...
because we are just days away from the first of September when we will be having the
Le Petite Parade of "George"!!! And I can tell you... George is lookin' gooood!
(edit: oops, I meant August)
But there was one more thing I had wanted to tell you that was both new and fun...
hmmm,
did I already tell you???
It had something to do with bundles of love... packages of goodness...
oh,
I know...

(little block made by Marby, the owner of the Wooden Gate)
I'm going to be a grandma!!!!!!
Lucky me!

Posted by Picasa

28 friends stopped by to chat:

Carol said...

Congratulations! Being a grandma is just amazing!

Cyndi said...

Oh wow, Sinta! Congratulations! How exciting for you and your son and daugter-in-law! Now you are going to need to start making baby quilts! :o)

Glad your package arrived and you liked your goodies....enjoy them!

Have a GREAT weekend!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Linda said...

How wonderful, Sinta! Congratulations!!!! Oh, I bet you are going to making some baby quilts soon!

Nice goodies. I'm working on George too. I actually think it'll be done for the parade Monday!

sandra said...

Congratulations, being a Grammie has been the best thing in my life. I didn't think anything could beat being a mother till I had two grandsons. One little guy was born blind but he is such a joy and taught me so much, God always has a reason bring these children into your life. I babysit him three times a week and we just laugh all the time. Get busy on those quilts.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sinta, to you and your family! That is going to be one happy and lucky little child!

chatterboxblondie said...

Sinta I am so very excited for you!! Nothing like it that is for sure. You will be an amazing Gramma <3

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Congratulations!!! And you are pushing the cslendar ahead. First of august is on it's way, not September. :)

I'm working with the Amelia layer cake right now too. My blocks are coming along.

Sue said...

I am SO happy for you ! Congratulations !

You are going to be a awesome Grandma !

Jules said...

So happy to hear your forthcoming news!! How exciting!!

I can't skip August since our son's birthday is the 6th and I'm heading to a machine quilting conf/show mid-month.

Wow on the packages. You get good mail. :)

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Congratulations Sinta! Oh I can see lots of adorable quilts and baby items in your sewing future! :-) Have a great weekend!

Dandelion Quilts said...

HOW exciting for you and your family, Sinta...congratulations

Lisa D. said...

What nice presents, but the best one of all - a new grandbaby! Congratulations!

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

Being a grandma is the best. Congratulations!reostri

Darlene said...

Congratulations! You're going to LOVE being a grandma - I certainly do. :-)

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Grandmas are the best! Lucky you.

Aunt 'Reen said...

Congratulations on the news of being a Grandmother!
I have a 6 month old grandson and he fills our life with the greatest joy.

Love the sweet fabrics you've received - looking forward to seeing them in a few quilting projects!

Linda said...

Congratulations! I can't wait until one day I'm a Grandma...if ever...my sons are getting up there and need to get busy! Cyndi is always so generous with her giveaways...enjoy!!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Congratulations Sinta! Grandbaby number three just arrived this week! We are thrilled. You will love being a grandma!

Jean said...

You are going to "LOVE IT".... being a gramma.... makes up for any non-fun events we had in raising our kids!
LOL.... Congratulations! I had no idea what my parents were talking about, until I became a gramma too!
So exciting.... there are lots of fun things to sew.... besides a great quilt or 2 or 3! I mean, there are quilts for all times of year! Right!
Enjoy the excitement...

Heirlooms by Ashton House said...

You sure won some wonderful treasures but I'm sure the most treasured news was finding out you're going to be a grandma. Congratulations! The little block is adorable! Your friend picked the cutest fabrics.

Mary said...

Congratulations!!! There's not much I can think of more wonderful than being a grandma. Hope they live nearby so you get to do lots of spoiling.

Cindy said...

I'm spending 2weeks with my two grand daughters right now and it's heaven! Congrats! It's the best job in the world!

Jen said...

Congrats! Such happy news!

Kay said...

Sinta, It was such a pleasure to meet you and have you as my table buddy. What fun we had.
Keep in touch.

Anne Heidi said...

Such exciting news- I am sure we'll see some baby quilts here in the future!! Congratulations!

umbrellalady said...

Congratulations - My mother always said that they got the order wrong and that we should all be grandparents first!

Kim said...

Congratulations! How did I miss this post? Are you going to tell us any of the details?

Nanette Merrill said...

Congrats a billion times over. It is just the best. I am going to be one now for #2. And it is just as exciting. I love that little block by Marby. It is so incredibly cute. I had to stop and squint at it. The applique was so perfect, it looked like printed fabric.