GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I Made it Back... and it Really Was...

...a "Sweet Retreat"!
I want to tell you what an incredible time I had...
but on the other hand I don't because you will all want to
go to this retreat next year and then there won't be any room for me!

But, I do have to say that I loved being spoiled for 3 days.
It was like being at a 3 day tea party!
And somehow I managed to learn how to applique too!
Verna of A Vintage Spool and her fabulous assistant, Pam
 put on a wonderfully girly weekend with lots of fun events jam packed into it. 
The picture above is a sampling of the decor and the candy,
and eye candy that was always well within reach!

I was able to meet some great women and form some friendships, each one of them made
the weekend extra special! I actually met someone who reads my blog. Miss Janet!!!
That is us up in the corner!
Also a friend of Lisa's from Stashmaster blog...  Kay. And
 Kay has a blog too! We were table mates along with Kristy and Lois-
I just loved these ladies!
(note to LeAnn: you should have come!)

Aside from quilting, there was shopping. I got to explore
Wooden Gate quilt shop. Those gals were great and the shop has wonderful displays.
I love this shop.


... and then there was more shopping! Not fabric but a super cute
store that made you feel like you walked into a boutique in Paris.
Obviously Verna knows her way around these places and directed us, with
discount coupons in hand, to the cream of the crop-shops!

There was show and tell from Verna's veteran attendees!


More shopping... at In Between Stitches (love them) and there was "Sweet Retreat" gifts too!
If  you look closely... near the bottom left is a little sample of
my applique handiwork! I did it! I actually did it!
I'm not sure if it was the special appliquers fairy dust that Verna sprinkled me with or
if she was just an excellent teacher.

Don't tell me that there is no such thing as Applique Fairy Dust!
Posted by Picasa

16 friends stopped by to chat:

Jules said...

Wow! Jealousy abounds!!

Jules said...

Wow! Jealousy abounds!!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

So happy that you had a great time Sinta!

Corrie said...

How fun! I'm jealous too.

prsd4tim2 said...

Sounds like lots of fun. I could use a weekend like that. I can't wait for Sewing Summit!

Anonymous said...

A is for being "AFRAID" of "APPLIQUE". I have so much to learn but love the look of it. So proud that you have found success with this part of craft.

Dawn said...

Looks like you had a splendid time! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous pictures with us :)

Carol said...

Oh how fun! Your appliqué looks wonderful. And, shopping too, awesome.

Sherri said...

Welcome home...so much beautiful eye candy. So happy you had a wonderful time, too!

Kim said...

I love the two shops you mentioned! On our little shop hop with my stitchery friends, we stopped at the Wooden Gate for the first time (that's where I got some of my Ghastlies fabric) and we definitely plan to return. They were having a Verna book signing the following day, but of course we weren't there. It sounds like you had a blast!

Anonymous said...

Oh Sinta I'm so glad you had so much fun! It looks just wonderful. You are right, I should have come...that's what I get for being all "cold feet" about it. I see there's one in October...with a spooky theme...I'm thinking pretty hard!

Kathy MacKie said...

On a scale of 1-10 on the jealous meter you just had me go over the top. Great fun!

Cyndi said...

Wow, it looks like you had an awesome time.... I am extremely jealous! LOL! Glad you had such a great weekend and got to meet lots of new, wonderful ladies. And your applique looks great to me! Keep up the good work!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Needled Mom said...

It looks and sounds fabulous!

Unknown said...

Hi my friend (cousin) did you know that Verna and I are great friends... small world huh... hope all is well. I want to go to her Halloween retreat next year!

PamKittyMorning said...

Wow it looks so fun. I haven't been to garden seed in ages.. now I have to go again. Of course love Wooden Gate. And Verna is really a wonderful teacher and hostess. Glad you had a good time.