GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Monday, July 18, 2011

Have You Had Your Quilters' Vacine Yet?

I caught a cold at the end of my stacation and I haven't kicked it yet.

 I did work on my Simple Things quilt along this weekend. Yeah!
I think I am ready for borders now. That is how my weekend started.

And then I decided to put some bindings on a couple of quilts
that have been waiting for-ever to be finished up.
I was doing the binding work and using my wonderful little gadget to thread needles...
when I bumped it and the needle flew out.
It landed right on my lap but when I moved... it moved and then the chase was on!

I ended up searching on the sofa seat, under the seat cushion and all around...
but it evaded me. Hours passed. Afternoon turned into night.
I went to get ready for bed. And that's when I got my Quilters' vaccine!
 Somehow that needle traveled with me through the day and even when I changed for bed...
( that means tank and bottoms.. ok, truthfully, a tank and just undies- it was hot)
 I layed down but instantly assumed the Upward Plank yoga position, seen here:

I can tell you that I wasn't lookin' anywhere near as relaxed or graceful as the lady in the photo here.
That needle found just the right moment to reappear...
and give me a piercing like I haven't had since back when I had a pediatrician!
That is how my weekend ended.
Posted by Picasa

24 friends stopped by to chat:

Trisha said...

LOL!!! Oh my gosh, Sinta! You are so funny. I can't stop laughing. You are so cute. Did you put a bandaid on your hiney?

Jocelyn said...

Too funny. Would you believe that I had this happen when we stayed in a hotel once? I got the vaccine just as I was getting into bed. And the needle was not mine :-S

Carol said...

Ouch, I've been known to lose needles and straight pins. Your Simple Things quilt is so cute.

Kimberly said...

Oh I've so done that! My habit was to always loop my needle in the knee of whatever I was wearing while I was binding UNTIL the one time I stayed in my jammies all day (shhh, don't tell!) and the needle found me as I rolled over in the middle of the night. Lesson learned!

sunny said...

Sadly, I usually find mine, (or hubby does) with our feet. Hope it wasn't too ouchy!

Polly said...

Oh, sinta! I laughed sooo hard reading this...mostly because I've done that so many times! All sewers have! The quickest way to find any needle or pin is to take off your shoes and start walking...

Deb said...

Oh my goodness, that's funny, but at the same time not. OUCH!

Stitched With Prayer said...

Wow Sinta! Well, that's what you get for buying those "smart needles". I prefer the buy the 'hide and seek needles". Though accidents still happen with them, usually I find them as soon as I have pulled out the vacuum and set it up to 'sterilize' the area of all needle debris. I have to thank you for a really good laugh, though I am sorry you had to get your Quilters Vaccine in such a surprising way. Hope everything is okay. When I worked in the hospital (years and years ago) a quilters hubby came in with a needle so deep in his foot, he had to have surgery to get it. I just suffice to say, he was NOT a happy guy while he was there. I wasn't quilting then, but I did a lot of sewing a stitching and I never ever stop looking for a needle until I have found it anymore, unless I vacuum everywhere. But that wouldn't have helped you at all would it??? LOL ... Thanks again for the giggle and grin. Hugs...
PS ... a tank and undies is my sleeping uniform too. :o)

Kate said...

ooooh, ouch!

Petit Design Co. said...

too funny, but only because it wasn't me! I hope you're ok and thanks for the laugh.

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

This sounds funny, but I know that it had to have hurt. I lost a needle last week and never did find it, so I might be getting my quilter's vaccine soon.

Sherri said...

I hope you are feeling better! You've been getting so much accomplished lately!

Deb said...

Such a fun scenario--but only because I can relate. Actually, it seems like it is usually my family members who get their vaccine's. But I did it good, but somehow managing to sew a needle through my finger last fall with my machine. The first time in over 40 years of sewing I had done that!!

Deb from clutteredquilter.blogspot.com

Donna~~ said...

Thanks for making me laugh! I haven't gotten my vaccine yet, but I've ended up chasing way too many needles around on the couch and carpet!

Béa said...

Your fabric choice for Simple Things is perfect !XO

Cheryl said...

Good job! Thanks for my morning smile!

Linda said...

Ouch!I usually get mine in the foot!

Anne Heidi said...

Ouch! Those needles are just too sharp sometimes....
Your blocks are so pretty- I'm still working on mine :-)

Elvy Crafts said...

You crack me up! Thanks for the dose of good humor.

Thelma said...

Sorry to hear you've caught that cold that's making the rounds, but your pin story is too funny! Those pins are sneaky sometimes. Love how your Simple Things quilt is coming along!!

Dandelion Quilts said...

What a story! I cannot tell you how many times I have made the entire family stop what they are doing and search for a needle. Your method seems effective too. LOL.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

HA! That must have been quite a jolt! Your Simple Things is really pretty, Sinta. I can't wait to see it with the borders on.

Jean said...

I guess you found it in the end....
didn't you! You poor thing! Hope you put some triple anti-biotic on it! That is if you could reach! Ouch! Hope your feeling better now! By the way.... when is the last time you had a tetnis shot? You may want to check it out!

retrorevival.biz said...

Hahaha! Glad you've had your vaccine! And hope you're on the mend soon:)

~Cindy