GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Monday, March 12, 2012

Mosaic Monday

First things first...
I have a winner of the patterns!

It's Dee from Bitten By the Quilting Bug!




This is kind of an odd mosaic but the last few weeks I have had posts titled:
I've Been Here, and I've Been There
so this time I wanted to show where I stay at while I am here and there.

 Each room is a little bit different...

(side view)

But they are all at this beautiful facility.
This is called the Fisher House.
This is across the parking lot from the hospital where my
hubby is at. This is just for VA/families that come from
far distances, we can stay close by while our
"patients" are getting the care they need.
I am so fortunate to have this available to me...
it really takes away some of the stress.
(This last weekend my room was the one on the right side, upstairs)
And...  I am happy to say that the hubs is doing great!



12 friends stopped by to chat:

Auntie Pami said...

That place looks very familiar. Hope things are going well for you.

Carol said...

Nice cozy room. That's great news about your husband, hope he will be able to go home soon.

JoAnne said...

As an "Army wife" I'm well acquainted with Fisher Homes. I have never needed to stay in one, but the Spouse's clubs at nearly every post I've lived have donated money to them. I'm so glad there is one where you need it and that you are "home" there. I hope you get to go back home soon.

carol fun said...

Glad to hear your husband is progressing well. Those types of lodging are wonderful. It is a blessing to have them for families to be close by and make the stay easier - take care!

Lesley said...

I'm so pleased to hear that hubby is doing well. You're so fortunate to be able to stay so close to him! Hope every day is even better!

Darlene said...

That's awesome news about your hubby! Your accommodations look very comfy.

Carol said...

Fisher Houses are wonderful! So glad to hear your hubby is doing well. Take care!

Josie McRazie said...

It is always great to know there are places like this that make you feel at home away from home! I have stayed at Ronald McDonald houses when my Daughter has gone in for surgery and I tell you I ALWAYS donate now when I see a bucket for them! They are such wonderful people!

Sherri said...

I am so glad you have such a nice place to stay while you are visiting. What a wonderful service they provide for the families of patients!

Nanette Merrill said...

What a great place. Isn't it so touching that people have set aside funds and availability to help our families in need.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

looks very "homey" and not all hotel-y. Very happy to hear that your husband is feeling better!

Mary said...

I'm happiest to hear your husband is doing well. And I'm happy to hear you have a nice place to stay while you're there. It makes such a difference when you don't have to think/worry about that part.