GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A Baker's Dozen

The end of my Summer of Fun!
It's time to wrap it up.
There was a whole lot of things that were on my list to start with.
And the list kept on getting revised!
Here is the project list I started with:
1. Evening Blooms by Blackbird Designs
2. Le Petit by Fig Tree & Co.
3. Dolly Dresses (panel)
4. Yoyoville by Bunny Hill
5. Dancing Dollies by Fig Tree & Co.
6. A jelly roll project
7. Make a new purse
8. Bounce by Miss Rosie's Quilt Co.

What I actually did finish was...
1. Mystery BOM

2. A Schnibbles: Doc 

3. Another Schnibbles: Dimestore


4. A Little Bites pattern: Speck


5. Spools by Thimble Blossoms


6. Ivy League: for the book tour of
Geared For Guys Remix! By Emily Herrick


7. A special assignment project for Fat Quarter Shop...


8:  Another Schnibbles: Hot Cross


9. Yoyoville is nearly finished by not done yet!


I was going to angle the corners on the border of the quilt but the pattern calls for 
a little block... here is a photo of the block. I think I will go back and add the
block in the corner. I think it looks better, don't you?

10. Jelly roll project: not finished.


11. Boardwalk: finished

12. Le Petit: FINISHED! I love this one made with Blueberry crumb Cake!



13. I made another special assignment project but I can't show that one yet.

That's my baker's dozen for the Summer of Fun!
So this is how the list looks now:

1. Evening Blooms by Blackbird Designs
2. Le Petit by Fig Tree & Co.
3. Dolly Dresses (panel)
4. Yoyoville by Bunny Hill
5. Dancing Dollies by Fig Tree & Co.
6. A jelly roll project
7. Make a new purse
8. Bounce by Miss Rosie's Quilt Co.


That's depressing!

20 friends stopped by to chat:

Darlene said...

OMG, look all your incredible productivity this summer - way to go, Miss Sinta! Who cares about the list - seriously????? LOL

Strlady said...

What is depressing about that? My goodness! You did so much! This is a summer you can definitely look back on and be proud. You can easily re-write the list, if it makes you feel better. :) I do that sometimes. LOL!

Sue said...

WOW ! You had a VERY productive summer ! Just look at all those beautiful quilts you made !

Karen said...

Doesn't it seem amazing when you put them all together like this? They are all wonderful. Now you just have to quilt them!!

Theresa said...

oh don't be depressed. Maybe you only crossed one thing off the list but wow what a fabulous amount of beautiful quilts you made this summer. They are all absolutely gorgeous, it's hard to choose a favourite. I wish I had done that FQS mystery BOM now that I've seen so many lovely ones made up but I was trying to behave myself at the time!

Denise :) said...

Man, Sinta, you are a quilting machine!!! LOL! And I was so impressed with me four little project finishes...you put me to shame (in a nice way)!! :)

QuiltNut Creations said...

You got an amazing amount finished! Be proud!!

Jocelyn said...

Great job!! They are all so beautiful!

Shannon said...

How can you call that depressing, you got so much done!! I am sorry that only one was on your list but great job!! How did you do the sashing and cornerstones on you Designer Mystery Quilt? It is great!!

Thelma said...

Sinta, that's not depressing, that's amazing! You finished some beautiful quilts. Blueberry Crumbcake alone should put a smile on your face!

it sure was a summer of fun, let's do it again next year!

Anonymous said...

Ok, now you went and did it. I had missed seeing your earlier posts about the YoYoVille quilt and it sent me on an internet hunt for more pictures. And yes, I am at work... (shhhhh!) Of course the pattern has been out so long that any kits associated with it are also long gone. But! I can still start on a stash of YoYos and see how far I get! I love all of your results.

Lesley said...

Oh my...just press delete on that list! Your projects are all sp gorgeous! Can't believe you got all that done...and they are just so pretty and cute and beautiful and on and on....Thanks so much for sharing!

Christa Marcotte said...

I think you have exceeded your list by leaps and bounds....they were just a different list!! Incredible!!!

Julianne said...

Love your Ivy League quilt..so soft and pretty but preppy!!

Sherri said...

Oh, Sinta...you have finished so much...you have a wonderful list of accomplishments...I read on another blog this summer about making a list of what WAS accomplished and not worrying about the things that weren't checked off the list!

Béa said...

Wonderful list of accomplishments, I love a lot of them !

Polly said...

Are you serious??? You finished some stunning projects, girl!! It's good to stop and smell the summer daisies!!! You have no reason to be anything but proud of your many finishes!!

Helen said...

That is an impressive list of projects you have finished. And they all look great! Yes, maybe you only crossed one off your to-do list, but sometimes other more interesting projects pop up. I'd be happy just to finish one quilt. But I do have a bad case of startitis.

Anita said...

Wow, I can't believe you finished sooo many amazing projects and then had to laugh with one thing crossed off your list :) Don't worry, they'll still be there waiting for Fun Fall :)

Carrie said...

ROFL!! You got thirteen projects done - no, wait... make that 13 wonderful projects done and you're depressed that only one of them was on the list?

I'm depressed looking at what you got done this summer. I'm feeling like a real slacker. :)

Congratulations! Good job! And quit 'yer belly-aching. You had an awesome "summer of fun".