GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Saturday, September 8, 2012

Geared For Guys Remix Tour

Yeah! It's the weekend!


I usually don't do a lot of blogging on the weekend.  But today is my day on the 
Geared For Guys Remix! Emily Herrick, the designer who wrote the book, 
asked a few people to make a girlie version of one of her quilts
 from her book Geared For Guys.
well, I actually practically begged her...
I love her beachy fabrics and her patterns!
I had been meaning to make one of the quilts from GFG Remix...

This one... which is one of my favorites... it was a hard choice but I decided on 
Ivy League in the end.
Still using the gray and white.. but I threw in some pink...
to give it a Parisian kind of look...
so here it is!
Ivy League

 I just had to take the opportunity to add the vintage buttons also.

 I really enjoyed making this quilt...
and I love Emily's book too. I have 5 sons... so I see myself getting a lot of
use out of this book.  
So, I guess it was perfect that I got to make one for me first!
Although... Oddball is still on my list. Especially after seeing
 April's  (Making Ends Meet blog)
version a couple of days ago on 
this tour... made out of It's a Shore Thing... yes, I want that one too!

 I can't wait to see the other girlie-guy quilts coming up in the next few days!
It's been a fun tour so far... 
please go visit 
 My Quilting Diet tomorrow for more of the tour!

(did you notice that I left one safety pin in my quilt)?
Darn, I hate that!

8 friends stopped by to chat:

Ellie Q said...

Great color combination! And I agree--Emily has great patterns--I had fun making Helix for this blog hop too!

Unknown said...

Looks great! I have 5 sons too so I'm sure I could get lots of use out of this book too! I'll have to check it out.

Denise :) said...

These are both darling ... but I really like the dots ... I think the orange one was speaking to me! :)

Carol said...

I love how you girled this up Sinta. Its so cute and I really like the buttons. I have the PDF of that book.

Gill said...

Odd Ball is my favourite too!
It's also the name of the bull on the farm next door!!!!

trish said...

Oh my goodness! I love your version! :o) Those buttons add such charm. Don't you just love how versatile Emily's patterns are?! :o)
Have a great week. Trish xo

pinksuedeshoe said...

love the pink and gray together. and those buttons are so sweet.

Vivian Helena said...

Love to look at your quilts, amazing how much you get accomplished. Some are looking very contemporary.
Beautiful... The Lake looks fantastic!