GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Friday, January 18, 2013

This Week, This Weekend!

 I meant to post about how I was dedicating January  to 
finishing up some overdue blocks for my Bee and
bindings... and some of those other things stacked up on 
my cutting table that are annoying me.

The lighting wasn't so good this morning but I thought I would take a couple of 
pictures of my Vintage Dishes quilt.
I finished putting on the binding last night...
while watching American Idol.
(I don't know why I still watch it)
 
Here are a couple other quilts that got
binding put on them as well.

And here is another Bee block that got finished and put in the mail this week!
Yeah! Now I am behind only one... which I would be done with... but
I cut it wrong... so I have to re-do it.


I also am working on Pam Buda's weekly blocks.
Goodness, they are small puppies!
(I think the lighting was maybe fine, and this is how 
I was seeing things this morning before my first cup of tea-- Earl Grey, leave the bag in please)!

My idea is to finish at least one UFO each month before starting a new project...


I have high hopes!
I would love to play with this over the weekend.
Have you seen this pattern from Sew Mama Sew?
It's called True Love and it's a free tutorial.
I'm thinking  it would be fun for Valentine's Day.
Don't you?

18 friends stopped by to chat:

Library Gal Quilts said...

Yes I love that LOVE block. I hope I get to make one soon! Happy for you that you are catching up! That makes one of us!

Carol said...

I made that Love quilt, it was fun to make. I have that Lori Holt pattern but haven't made it yet. That's what I want to do too, finish one of my projects each month. I want to make 2013 my year to get stuff done but not with a specific time table and just have fun sewing.

Nicole said...

I am determined to finish up a load of stuff this year too! Time to clear those shelves. Love your Vintage Dishes quilt. I have the pattern, and had a bundle of the fabric, but dipped into it today.

Loves to Quilt said...

I love your Vintage Dishes! It is on my list!

Becky said...

Those "vintage dishes" look like they took a *lot* of time and effort. Beautiful quilt! I think that the True Love is really cute - reminds me, kind of, of the postage stamp that was done like that years ago. What a fun project for Valentine's Day...

Sherri said...

Love your Vintage Dishes...how was American Idol? I've watched for several years but wasn't too thrilled with this years judges.

Auntie Pami said...

Sinta, you mean you haven't doen the scrappy trip along? Really? I know you have 2.5 inch strips. Love the Vintage Dishes. Hugs!

Cathy said...

I so love your vintage dishes quilt. Thank-you for sharing.

Cindy said...

Sinta, I'll have to look for that "True Love" little quilt from Sew Mama Sew. It'd be cute to make for DD for Valentine's Day. Thank you for the heads-up.

My oh my, your Vintage Dishes is so unique, fun and adorable! I've never seen that before - I know, hard to believe but true.

My view alot of the time is "hazy" too...until the 2nd or 3rd cup of coffee. LOL

Cathy said...

I think you are getting quite a bit accomplished. I decided to finish 2 UFO's before starting a new project and instead I did the opposite...lol Hugs

Darlene said...

Fun finishes! Love your Vintage Dishes. Need to think about making that one - still have a fat quarter bundle of Sew Cherry.

Have a wonderful week end.

Kris said...

You are so good Sinta! I am bound and determined to get into some quilting projects this year!!!!
xo Kris

Anonymous said...

A 'couple' of quilts got binding? That stack looks much bigger than just a couple! You've been busy, doing blocks and bindings. It looks like you've gotten a lot done.

Marie said...

Good idea for finishing up UFOs. I love your dresden plate block; LOVE isn't bad either :) !

Cheryl said...

Oh my word I love your Vintage Dishes quilt.....BEAUTIFUL!!! Great goal to finish up some things...I'm right with you. Also, working on my Christmas BOM's for Monday rehab report in!

Michele said...

It's all beautiful!!! I might just have to make that love block! Thanks for sharing :-)

Kim Brackett said...

You've been so busy! What a pretty stack of quilts. I'm in love with your Vintage Dishes quilt. Adorable!

Sarah said...

I was going to ask if Vintage Dishes was a Lori Holt pattern and then I clicked the link to find out yes it is. I love her designs. Might get around to doing her row along soon! I like your thinking of finishing one UFO a month before something new. I was trying to get them all out of the way in January but I think I'm going to run out of time before school begins again next week in Australia. Australian Idol was canned a few years ago. We really enjoyed it and became the best lunge chair judges and critics, but the format was getting stale, and the talent pool exhausted.