GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Monday, February 18, 2013

BOM Rehab & Some Old Friends


We went over to the coast and stayed at my sister's beach house 
in Pacific Grove following the hubs doctor's appointments on Thursday.
We haven't been over there for quite a while but it is one of our favorite places to be.

I also got to see "old friends" while I was there...
a few of my quilts that I have either given to my sister, 
or she just claimed as hers, like the one above.
I don't know why but I find the "raggy" quilts so cozy.
I know that they are just functional quilts and don't rate the same as
other quilts... but those are the ones I like to cuddle up with the most!


Here is one that I gave to my brother in law.
It had been published in Quilt magazine.


Here is one that I love... this is from way back when...
when I had to by 1/8 yd. pieces because I didn't have a stash
to make a scrappy quilt with!

Here is the result of the other part of my weekend...


I did the final piecing of Pam Buda's little sew along. I love this little guy...
and am really glad that it is only 4 blocks... I think there is a whole other little
table runner in seam allowance here!


I also finished putting together my Fig Tree quilt using my Blogger's Choice
fabric bundle from Fat Quarter Shop. I just need to pick a border fabric now.
Tough decision!



And I even got some work done in BOM Rehab!
I made the bottom row of flowers and started putting together my rows.
I just have one block to complete up in the top left corner and then I can finish
the top and put the borders on this block of the month from Quilt Soup.
Yeah.
Now, I have to run... I actually came into the office today, but someone called me (a coworker),
who happened to be driving by.
It seems that today is a holiday?@#*@#*!!

Were you in the Rehab too?



11 friends stopped by to chat:

Kris said...

Hi Sinta! I love all of those quilts! I am a lover of the scrappy look too. We have several in the family room for telly watching!!
I love that last one too!!!!
Hugs,
Kris

Sue said...

I just loved looking at all of your quilts ! Great job !

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Great post Sinta! I love all the quilts. :-) Have a happy holiday! ;-)

Satu said...

Wonderful progress with your BOMs, Sinta Renee! I was in Rehab too, but unfortunately didn't finish the fifth block of the Pumpkinville... I only progressed with it;o)

Lesley said...

Sinta, you have some gorgeous projects here. As to the beautiful quilts that you have gifted family members, can I join your family? Enjoy President's Day!

Cheryl said...

We love Pacific Grove...lucky you!!! So fun visiting your "old friends"..all so pretty. Love your new quilt using your fabric pics...WONDERFUL!!! Linking up to rehab will see how my link goes this week!!!

John'aLee said...

They are all beautiful but I am in love with that rag quilt!!

Michele said...

You have been busy! I'm sitting here with my rag quilt right now! Mine doesn't look great, but it is comfy! Your little runner is adorable :-) I didn't know the kids were off from school on Monday until late last week! I'm sure you weren't the only one who did that!

Carrie P. said...

I have two rag quilts I love especially for wintertime.
Love all the quilts you made. That table runner is so pretty and that star quilt, WOW!

Linda in Calif. said...

Such nice finishes. I love your "way back when" quilt. I still have to buy 1/8 pieces for projects. Seems like I never have the right color. :-)

Carol said...

Great finishes Sinta! Glad you got some fun time at the beach!