GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Monday, February 25, 2013

Monday Already?


I did manage a little bit of BOM Rehab over the weekend.
But it was just a little bit!
I started to work on my Bee Block.
Next month is my turn for a block...
and this is the one I am choosing!
I have been wanting to make a modern Dresden ever since I saw it over at
Hyacinth Quilt Designs blog last year.You can click on the link to see hers.

I didn't have the right ruler for what I wanted to do... and so, instead of waiting, which would require patience, I 
made my own...
but it didn't really work out like it should.
So, I will be ordering a 15 degree Dresden ruler this week.
(the difference is that the other Dresden ruler... the one I have makes a
block that is 20 blades and I need one to make 24 blades).
I am going to make plastic templates to add to my fabric packages 
that will go out to the girls in the Bees Knees group. 
I hope they will find it fun to play with!

What did you do?


8 friends stopped by to chat:

Dee said...

I hadn't seen that version of the Dresden Plate before so thanks for the link. I really like the fabric you're using in yours. A great combination and a pretty block!

Cindy said...

Wow - never saw anything like this one. Very cool. Very interesting.

Cheryl said...

That one is new to me too....love it!!!!!! The fabric is perfect. I am plugging along with rehab and will be linking up shortly! Thanks again for our group!!!

Deborah said...

That's a very cool Dresden block! I'd like to give that one a try!

Sherry said...

That is quite a block, I am sure it would be fun but I am not going to be tempted to try it. I must master my unfinished projects first.

Cindy said...

Ha! I did the same thing - being impatient; not waiting for the ruler to arrive and tried using the lines on my regular ruler. Disaster!

Darlene said...

Love your block, Sinta! Can't wait to see more.

Nanette Merrill said...

oh my gosh the modern dresden is lovely. really inspiring