Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Where Have I Been?

I must have gotten lost somewhere between going to Road to California...
and coming back home!
It's been a week since I have posted!
You haven't seen too many pictures from the show already have you?

I thought I would share some of mine...
I guess I should have saved this quilt for last!
(he he)

I have a great time at this quilt show but 
most importantly, there was some fabulous shopping to be done.
A little bit here and a little bit there!
One of my favorites was
My Red Door Designs.. their little store is amazing!

I love Dresden quilts... and versions 
thereof.

An amazing piece of art.


Eye spy a Jaybird quilt...
this was Science Fair entered in the show.

A beautiful traditional quilt.

A very fun alphabet quilt.

Another amazing art quilt.

They also had a fantastic exhibit of
signature quilts.

And an exhibit of modern quilts.

And some quilts that were no doubt made 
by saints!

I love this quilt... Green Tea.
A lot of people are making the designers' other
pattern: Gypsy Wife. Both are very fun quilts.

I think this one was made out of wool.

Here was a gorgeous embroidery quilt in monotone.

And that's not all! But you will have to wait to see the 
photos that focus on the shopping!!! Woohoo!

Oh, and a newsflash: 
Our February 1st AYOS Schnibbles Parade  is going to
be postponed until Monday Feb. 3rd.
Sherri is away at a wonderful retreat... and
we don't want to have the parade without her...
or DO we?!!! ha
That means... we have another weekend to finish our Jersey Girl quilts!

11 comments:

JoAnne said...

I love the eye-candy. Yes, if you had put that first picture last, you could have said, "this one is last, butt first." hehe

Sue said...

WOW! Thanks for sharing all of these quilts ! Just beautiful ! Welcome back !

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Oh what fun!! I wish I could've been a lady bug on your shoulder! :-)

Wendy said...

Great quilts! Thanks for the show! Looking forward to Monday!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Beautiful quilts, thank you gor sharing and glad you had fun.

Kris said...

I wish we could have met up. I love the Road show....and hated to miss it. Next year. Beautiful quilts!
xo Kris

Kim said...

Looks like you had lots of fun. I will try and go next year. Just don't like driving by myself.

Thimbleanna said...

I love quilt shows -- well I should say good quilt shows LOL. It looks like this was a great one -- thanks for sharing some photos!

Jeanna said...

Some really pretty quilts there. Thanks for sharing... can't wait to see the shopping!

Michele said...

WooHoo! Extra time is just what I needed LOL! I was just about to stop reading blogs and go put the borders on my Jersey Girl quilt. Now I can do more blog reading :-) Thanks so much for sharing the wonderful quilt pictures :-)

Dee said...

I love seeing the art quilts. I'm always amazed when the quilter can make it look so life like. By the way, love the first one! I wish I had read your post earlier though. I worked so hard to finish my Schnibbles quilt in time for today and didn't realize we had a couple of extra days. Too funny! That'll teach me to keep up with my blog reading.