GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Monday, July 14, 2014

Playing and La Playa!

I was able to play a little with my Gypsy Kisses units!
I am coming along... I have it timed that I can make 2 every 15 minutes 
but that is without interruptions. 



I am really enjoying the process but I haven't decided if I will
make the large size that is in the Material Obsessions book or if
I will make a smaller version of the quilt. 
I guess I will play it by ear.
I have already decided that I like the alternate fabric and that I will plan to use it as my
background fabric so that the "kisses" will kind of just float.

I stumbled upon a plastic shoe box full of half square triangles...


It was the last thing to be moved from the old house and put away.
I am so excited to see these little cuties!


A few years ago I was making La Playa
by Minick and Simpson and I used this line of fabric.
I must have went crazy to have so many leftover HST's!
I remember after the body of the quilt was 
together and seeing all of these leftovers...
I had a little plan in my head stirring but that is where I left off.

My idea was to make little sail boats around the border of the quilt 
instead of the applique the pattern calls for.
(Imagine that)
So, how fun is it that I happen to be making  Sail Away... sail boats right now!
So I think I will just make a few more with these fabrics... and maybe a little tweaking of the 
pattern for a different look... and then I will have another UFO conquered!

Did you know that Fat Quarter Shop is having a sale???

Through Friday!
25% off Moda!!!

I might need to go see what is new with Minick and Simpson!!!
(hop on over there to get the special code and shop)!
Looks like I could do a little la-play-a there too!!!

6 friends stopped by to chat:

Needled Mom said...

I love the wee pinwheels. The colors are all so soft and pretty.

paulette said...

I agree with Needled Mom...LOVE the pinwheel and I also LOVE your other blocks...sew pretty!

scottylover said...

Have you seen Hyacinth Quilt Design's Gypsy Kisses? She just did a blog post today on it!

http://hyacinthquiltdesigns.blogspot.com/2014/07/gypsy-kisses.html

Now I am going to have to find this book! Love both of these!

Sandy A

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, your gypsy kisses is looking wonderful -- I can't wait to see it "floating" -- I love seeing the same pattern done in different ways. Looks like you're working on some great projects!

greg @ grey dogwood studio said...

I love the floating kisses! And I've always liked La Playa but I was scared away by the applique. Your Sail Away border sounds like a great idea! Can't wait to see how this turns out!

Unknown said...

Guess what I received on Thursday! My little light, it really gives off great light! Thank you so much, I really feel a little spoiled with that little light. Mindy