GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Wednesday, July 16, 2014

What I'm Working on Wednesday


I have a love hate relationship with block of the month's!
I do love this one I finished from Fat Quarter Shop.
It was a Designer Mystery for 2011 made using Fig Tree & Co. 
Strawberry Fields fabric line.
(one of my all time favorite Fig Tree groups of fabric)

Right now I am receiving the 
Fig Tree Vintage Farmhouse BOM...
and am sorely behind in making my blocks!
But I enjoy getting them in the mail the middle of each month!

This is the fabric line we are using for the BOM.

And then...
there is this new 
Block of the Month starting in
August!

Of course I signed up for it!

I can't wait to play with this one!


I need to sign myself back up for my BOM Rehab!
Am I alone?

17 friends stopped by to chat:

Kris said...

You are funny. I just wonder, do you sleep?
XO Kris

Andee said...

I really like that BOM, hmmm gonna go stare at it and see if I have to make it to

Andee said...

Which store is it through..i didn't find it on Fat Quarter Shop, lol!

greg @ grey dogwood studio said...

I love the Fig Tree farmhouse BOM. Now why didn't I sign up for it?! The last BOM that I did was the FT Strawberry Fields a few years ago. So I'm caught up. Oh, wait... there's an old Thimbleberries Village Green BOM that Angela Walters quilted for me 3 years ago and I still need to attach the binding!

Karen said...

I've done better keeping up with my LQS BOM than with the FQS one. I have the same Strawberry Fields one and I've only made up one block. I signed up for Fig Tree's Modern one and I hope to keep up with that one.

Carol said...

Fun stuff Sinta. I want to do that sampler quilt BOM that starts in August, where did you sign up for it?

Pam said...

I'd never considered doing a BOM because they always seemed too busy for me, but when I saw FT's Farmhouse BOM, I had to try it. Now I've signed up for the Moda Modern Building Blocks you show above AND I'm doing the Di Ford mystery quilt in Quiltmania magazine. I'm hooked. I get bored making the same block over and over so these are perfect for my short attention span.

moosecraft said...

I think you have LOTS of company! :-) The designs that are offered for BOM's, combined with the original fabrics used in the design, combined with having little bite size portions metered to your door regularly? Who in their proper mind could ever resist? :-)

I have a SBOW and 2 BOM's coming to my door at the moment... I won't mention how many BOM's I have sitting "collected" and ready for stitching... lol!

paront1222@comcast.net said...

I signed up on Tuesday for the new sampler BOM. I'd seen Camille post a picture on IG and had this "what the heck" moment.....I hadn't seen it advertised anywhere but I've been on the lookout since I saw it on all the Market blogs! Camille pointed me in a few directions and voile i'm in!
I also am doing the Designer Mystery for the 3rd year and i'm happy to say that's the only BOM I keep up with faithfully......
I've had to scale back on signing up for BOM's since I retired early from my job in the school back in December. With no pension coming in I have to wait till I start to see $$ Hubby is footing that bill and has said only 2! LOL

We'll cheer one another on with all these BOM's...

Peggy in NJ

Anonymous said...

I'll join into a new BOM Rehab! I didn't do the farmhouse BOM, but I did sign up through Fig Tree for their Modern Block BOM. I can't wait to see the first package. I don't usually do solids, but I think they mix in small prints that come across as solids in a lot of areas.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I had committed to so many bom's on line in 2009 and 2010 that I got way behind and stayed there--only have done a couple a year since--but this past couple months I have finished several bom's from back then and am about all caught up--so am looking for a new one!!!
thanks for sharing which ones you are doing--
hugs, di and miss gracie

Kathye said...

Where is the new BOM that starts in August?? I can not find it!

Sue said...

I am working on a BOM now . It is a fun way to make a quilt & still work on other projects in between

Julie Cefalu said...

Well, Sinta, I think I have the same BOM weakness as you! I am doing El's Kitchen BOM through my LQS, The Quilt Show's BOM, the Classic Meets Modern QAL, and I still need to put together my blocks for the last two Fat Quarter Shop's Designer Mystery BOM's. Now, you have enticed me towards the Modern Building Blocks, but I'm going to hold out on that one. I'm glad it's not just me who has the BOM bug!
Julie @ The Crafty Quilter

Sherry said...

That last block of the month you shared is one I just saw somewhere and almost signed up for it. I can't remember where I saw it. I think I am going to have to join in. You do get an amazing amount of sewing done.

Celine said...

I need BOM Rehab too!

greg @ grey dogwood studio said...

Guess what?! I just got into the Fig Tree Moda sampler! There were a few more spots. So, soon I'll have a BOM to keep up with. So happy :-)