GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Monday, March 2, 2015

Jump... jump, Jumping Jack Parade!

I'm so sorry that you had to wait an extra day for the Jumping Jack parade!

I am excited to share our next AYOS (and a Little Bit More) project...

This will be another small quilt. 
I hope that doesn't scare you away.


If you, like me, have been missing Miss Rosie...
well, we want to announce
 the next project. 
It's a
 Miss Rosie's Little Bites 
pattern
called. 
Sample.

Little Bites Quilt Pattern from Miss Rosie's Quilt Co. This is a sampler quilt that uses mini charm packs

I want to think of it as a tribute to Carrie for the inspiration she has 
been over the past years... how many is it now? 5? 6? 
I hope you will agree with me and want to take on this challenge. 
The Sample parade will be April 1st. Plenty of time to play with 
this Little Bites pattern. 
You can purchase the
downloadable version at Fat Quarter Shop...
just in case you are interested!

Joanna, the Patriotic Quilter jumped on it and made the pattern as soon as
it came out. You can read about it here.

Isn't it beautiful?

Now for our parade today...
Here is the inspiration for our AYOS project this month:
It's the Fig Tree and Co. pattern
mini Jumping Jack.
Last summer (I think it was summer)
there was a quilt along with the large version of this pattern.
I had wanted to sew along but wasn't able to join in with everyone.
So, I was happy to get a chance to make one along with 
the others in our group for our February project.

photo via pinterest via A Quilting Life

I only wish there were more quilts in the parade... it would have been 
so fun to see more versions of this pattern. 
I can see it in black and white and yellow...
I will have to remember that... 
it would be a fun one to make!



Here is my Jumping Jack mini.
 I used a little bit stronger colors
in it so that I can gift it to my oldest son when it's finished.
He has a Union Jack coffee table and other various British items
in his home decor.


I am happily showing Cathy's Jumping Jack... 
she is new to AYOS  and is a sweet friend! 
She doesn't have a blog
 but she is on Instagram: Moonrayview.

I love the PKM fabric mix and especially the black 
cornerstone fabric and binding! 


Cute, cute, cute!

Peggy made a fun variation of Jumping Jack to add to your mini quilt wall.
It adds just the right touch! 


Polly from Aunt Polly's Porch went a little different direction with her 
little Jumping Jack quilt!I really like this idea and of course, her fabrics and colors are
fabulous! It will be a great summer table runner.


Well, that is a short and sweet parade. 
I hope you hop over to A Quilting Life to see more of the Jumping Jack 
parade of mini's. 



6 friends stopped by to chat:

JoAnne said...

Sample is such a fun pattern! I have been missing Miss Rosie/Carrie. The Jumping Jacks are so much fun.

Needled Mom said...

The mini jacks look great. I just ran out of time this month to participate in the parade, but I do have mine on the to do list. It would be gorgeous in yellows with black and white.

Hildy said...

Just a few Mini Jumping Jacks but they're gorgous! And yes, I miss Miss Rosie and Carrie and I'm gld you choose one of her patterns for this month:-)

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I've really enjoyed watching the parades and often thought of joining in. This is my last chance, so maybe I will this round. Thanks for doing this; it's been a lot of fun for me to see.

paront1222@comcast.net said...

Good Morning....the Jacks that did get done are beautiful. I won a big bundle of Carrie's patterns last year so I'll check my pattern bin before I buy it.....
Jo Anne's turned out really nice so I'd like to make it too!
I find that retirement gives me the feeling that I can do "everything" I see that everyone is posting about. I need to hit the brakes and stop signing up for more than I can handle and just work on my AYOS and more important things :)

Thanks to you and Sherri for the parades. I received a pretty layer cake from Sherri for last month's parade...it certainly was nice of her to send it to me.

Off to find the pattern....

Peggy

Huckleberry stitches said...

Each and every one of them turned out so lovely!