GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Thursday, May 21, 2015

Deer Me!


spring 2015 BQF Button

I thought I would play along and enter the Blogger's Quilt Festival
I have done this a couple of times in the past... it has always been a fun experience!

This quilt I call Deer Me!

It's approximately 140" square.
So I am entering it in the Small Quilt category.


I used the fabric line called Indelible by Art Gallery Fabrics.

Indelible: impossible to remove or forget. Enduring, unfading, unforgettable, haunting.

The pattern was a free pattern called Birchen. 
Only I took the block itself and adapted it and came up with 
a new look.




When I originally went out to take photos of the quilt...and the pillows I made to go along with it...
I disturbed a group of deer that were grazing.
I thought "Oh" dear me! as they scrambled away.

Since the fabric line had deer and nature in the prints... 
Deer Me! became the name of my wall hanging.


It found a place to call home right above my bed.



I hope you are enjoying the Blogger's Quilt Festival!
Don't forget to vote... wink!

5 friends stopped by to chat:

Thimbleanna said...

Very Pretty Sinta!

paulette said...

GORGEOUS quilt! Perfect for over you bed...and with those pillows! Genius!

Linda in Calif. said...

It looks perfect above your bed and with the pillows - just beautiful.

Helen L said...

What a great set of quilts/pillows! I love the way you created a nice collection! Hugs, H

Needled Mom said...

That is so pretty and looks great hanging there.