GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Friday, May 29, 2015

I'll Have Another Please!



Book Club Discussion: Big Little Lies

I have been very side tracked!
No... not with that pink cocktail...
but with this book!



I have been reading this week in my spare time this month...
and really wanted to get this book finished before the weekend.
(So I could work on Crop Circles)!

I was gripped with the book anyway and was anxious to
see how the book ended.
 I have to say that the last 40 pages or so
kept giving me goose bumps on top of goose bumps! 
In all honesty 
I do get very involved in my stories! ha!

This was a great read and I recommend it for your
summer reading list!
My next book on the list is Saving Grace 
but I did go ahead and
who wrote Big Little Lies.
I heard it is a good book to curl up with too.



My goal is to read at least one book a month...
even if it cuts into my quilting time! 
It's all about balance right?

I haven't forgotten that it's Farm Girl Vintage Friday either!
Go to the link above to see the weekly schedule of
blocks!
Have you been making yours?
I love seeing all the blocks popping up on Instagram!

Have a great weekend!


11 friends stopped by to chat:

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

I enjoyed that book and have read The Husband's Secret too. I am on summer vacation and reading a bunch--got to keep my Kindle charged up. I plan on making my new Farm Girl Vintage blocks tomorrow.

Denise in PA said...

I got hooked on Liane Moriarty too! Big Little Lies was the last one of her I read and I know what you mean about the last 40 pages! I couldn't read it fast enough - LOL I hope she writes for years to come! I love finding new authors whose books I love! While quilting is my first love, I need to read every day!

Marla's Crafts said...

I do love my books.I am now at our trailer this summer and will be spending a lot of time with my E reader and my sewing machine. My husband and I retired this year and am looking forward to the summer with grandkids and my sewing machine, and my husband of course. I just finished reading You Are My Sunshine by Roberta Kagan. A very good book, sad but a lot of history in it. I am now reading Any Witch Way you Can by Amanda M. Lee. Just starting this so no opinion yet. So enjoy your summer of reading. I hope to.

Hildy said...

I always love a good book suggestion and I'll sure check this book out. I'm currently reading Charles Todd, the Ian Rutledge series, love the books!

Quiltsmiles said...

I loved this book too and would you believe I gasped when she recognized Gaston! I also really enjoyed the husband's secret immensely. Both are great and really interesting reads and nice book club selections.
The What Alice Forgot is on my wish list as I'm enjoying Sisters Choice by Emilie Richards.

Patty said...

Sinta, I loved that book as well - I'd recommend any from that author - I've read them all!

pandchintz said...

This book is coming up in our book club soon - cant wait to read it now!

Michele said...

Glad you enjoyed the book. I'd like to get back into reading again. I'd also like to get caught up on my Farm Girl blocks! Thanks for the schedule.

Thelma said...

I LOVED what Alice Forgot, just finished reading it. I hope we both have a fun and productive summer!

greg @ grey dogwood studio said...

I'm there with you on the book scheduling conflicts! I buy books, and then they make me feel guilty because I haven't read them. I've been reading for the past 3 nights and it really makes me happy!

Donna~~ said...

Am currently listening to Husband's Secret. I listen to the books on tape (or CD or whatever electronic gadget they are available on). Listening is a good way to combine two pleasures at once (and you can also eat chocolate at the same time and make it three pleasures)

I like hearing about the books you read--always give me good ideas!