GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Monday, July 27, 2015

Creativity and Creative People


I was wishing I could spend the entire weekend at
my sewing machine but I only managed to squeeze in 
a little bit of sewing.
First and foremost on my list of things to do was
to catch up on my Bees Knees Sewing Bee blocks!
I get so behind on these blocks... and I don't know why!
They are so fun to play with!



This block was for Kimberly W. in our Bees Knees group.
I have been wanting to make this Lori Holt pattern! 
And now that I have made one for her... I definitely need
to make an entire quilt for myself!
You can find the tutorial on Bee In My Bonnet blog.
It was a project she posted last summer.



This is another block I caught up on. It is for Cactus Needle Quilts...
Nedra! The Kona cotton fabric was wonderful to use and of course
Kaffe fabrics are always fantastic!

That's all I got done before I ran off to the "city" (Fresno)
where my sister had a book signing for her newest book at Barnes and Noble.



There was another author there as well.
I had to explore her books too!



I also have a quilt sample I made for FQS to show!



Here is a little photo shoot I did at my favorite "hanging tree"
in the back... or rather side of the house.



I love this fabric line! 
It's by Jeni Baker for Art Gallery Fabrics and
it's called Curiosities.  
Jeni's blog is In Color Order.



I think it was really fun to make. I have been wanting to make a "Plus" quilt.

This is my new favorite!

Jeni had a printable on her blog last week...
it seemed perfect for me...
I printed it out and put it on my wall at work.
The timing was perfect.





Patchwork Garden Quilt Kit Featuring Bloom and Bliss by Nadra Ridgeway

I made a sample up for this quilt also, for Fat Quarter Shop,
 I  don't think I ever showed this quilt.
I'm not even sure I have a picture of it.
Sometimes things happen so fast... I barely remember making it!
It just was mailed back to me
and I have already found it a new home.
My SIL is a new grandma, so I gave it to take to her new little grand daughter.
She is going to the Bay Area to see her this weekend.

I am hoping for a good week this week.
Sending you good wishes for a good week also.

I  want to thank everyone for all the sweet comments
regarding the passing of my dad last week.
I appreciated each and every one of them and the
words stayed with me and helped me to get through last week.

I am keeping "Just Today" in mind.

Losing two parents in such a short amount of time
is hard but I will focus on the good memories
and the good things that life brings.
There are a lot of blessings to be counted!


5 friends stopped by to chat:

Connie said...

Your work is so pretty . . . you inspire me to do better :)

Jeanna said...

Love the Bees Knees block as well as the Plus quilt. The colors in the Plus quilt are so cheerful.

I love to read and I really loved reading to my children when they were small. Too bad I didn't know your sister then. Creative talent certainly runs in your family.

Happy to hear you are coping with your recent loss. Still sending prayers and positive vibes your way :)

Hildy said...

Love your Plus quilt it's gorgous! I normally took photos from all the projects I finish but sometimes I forget and then later can't remember (especially if I gave it away). Or if it's an UFO and then there's no photo at all ... mmh I think I need to take a closer look at my WIP pile.
A thousand hugs to you and enjoy 'Just Today':-)

Needled Mom said...

That plus quilt is fabulous! I am sure the weekend was filled with fun - even though the sewing wasn't what you had planned.

Thimbleanna said...

Love your plus quilt -- it's beautiful -- great color choices! Kimberly's block is beautiful too -- I have some 16-patch blocks and I'm thinking about placing them in a quilt that would look like that block -- so fun and easy!