GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Monday, August 3, 2015

Catching Up, Short and Sweet


It seems it's just too easy to get behind on these blocks!
I was able to do a little bit of catching up over the weekend.

I got 4 blocks done... so I think I have another 4 and I will be
back on track!

See those little red squares off to the side?
Those were suppose to be corner triangles around the cross.
I skipped right over that step!
I think I am happy with it just the way it is. 

I can always change my mind and 
make another block later, right?


This block is one of my favorites so far.


This house block was pretty clever... I thought.
Lori's method of making the "grass" and "walkway"
was brilliant.

I was given a bunch of peaches right off the vine from my neighbor! 
I already have been cutting them up. 
Peaches and some whip cream for dessert tonight!
(peach pie will come later)!


I also finished the book I was reading.
I really enjoyed the writing and the story.
My hubby's grandmother grew up in Rhode Island during the time period
in the book.
She herself had been adopted by a wonderful family.
So I imagined her life while I read this book.

Ultimately it reminded me of how short and sweet life is.
Even if it can be a struggle.

I imagine that everything is reminding me of that right now though.

A friend of mine is starting a book club so I plan on 
participating in that. The first book on the list is Wild.


Have you read this one yet?
It was on my list anyway, so I am anxious to get started on it.





7 friends stopped by to chat:

Unknown said...

Just a note on the book "Wild", I read this one a year or so ago. I love books about hiking (as we used to do quite a bit of hiking and backpacking) and have hiked short sections of the Pacific Crest Trailbut I must say though I enjoyed the details of the hiking, I found not much to like about the hiker. You may find you enjoy her more than I did and she certainly had an adventure.

Linda Kay

Needled Mom said...

Your blocks look wonderful. The fabric choices are perfect. I have not read the book so can't be of much help.

Needled Mom said...

Your blocks look wonderful. The fabric choices are perfect. I have not read the book so can't be of much help.

Hildy said...

Love your blocks and the peaches look delicious!

Karen said...

Adorable blocks. I like the fabrics in the blocks. They look fun.

Jeanna said...

Nice FGV blocks! I was doing so well with Lori's sew-along then life threw a little curve ball my way and I got behind again. I've sewn through week 12 and have 13, 14 & 15 cut out. Hoping to have them finished for a Farm Girl Friday post this week...fingers crossed.

Peaches are one of my favorite fruits and I look forward to cobbler every summer. Maybe I'll do that this weekend.

I love to read but haven't read Wild,yet.

Thimbleanna said...

You've been a busy girl! Love those adorable blocks and how you've placed your fabrics!