GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Thursday, October 8, 2015

Bass Lake... Get Ready, Here We Come!


I have been pretty quiet over here on the blog!
I can assure you that I have been busy....

I have been getting prepared for the upcoming annual retreat
I host.
This is Pine Needles Quilt Camp 10th year!
My partner Virginia and I have a lot of fun putting this together 
each year. 
It's held at Bass Lake, CA.
We start on Friday morning and go through until Sunday evening!

Do you want to see some of the fun things that have
made up for this years' quilt camp?

Party Favors galore!

Trail mix deluxe!
This comes with a discount coupon for long arm quilting!




Next we will be channeling our inner Girl Scout with 
S'more kits...
perhaps to enjoy after Show and Tell aka "campfire stories".


I put together party poppers...
which are filled with a fun little project.


Our local quilt shop put together little fabric bits of
Pam Kitty Morning fabrics that include a $5 off coupon.

The store owner will also be hosting a "after hours"
shopping with cookies for the campers over the weekend.


I also made lanyards for everyone.


Ouch Pouch kit
(tutorial found on A Spoon Full of Sugar)


This little camper block will make a great label for 
a project... but I made mine into a make-up bag.
(because I need make-up when I go camping)!



This quilt is my inspiration for our main project at the retreat.
I found the instructions for making individual sprout blocks on
Tracey Jay blog. It was a must after I saw that Homespun Quilt Magazine
had this quilt in their current issue., called Cutting Garden 

It was made by a friend of Tracey's at Poppy Print blog.
Please go to her blog to read her story!

The color placement was so fun on this scrappy version!
There are a lot of  "stem" quilts out there... 
by Fig Tree and Co. and also
Cluck Cluck Sew... but the scrappy look 
of this one is just so fun.
Since Tracey Jay has a free tutorial/instructions, 
I thought it would
be a fun project for our retreat. 
It reminds me of the flora and fauna 
I would see when hiking.

More photos of Sprouts...


There will also be instructions for making a "camping pillowcase".


A friend of mine embroidered this 
Camping Rules project.


This is in a 20 x 24 frame. It's pretty big!
The first rule is... take time to relax!
Which we will be doing also!
Maybe.



14 friends stopped by to chat:

Erica said...

Have a blast! Love Bass Lake! And.....quilting🎀

Sherry said...

What fun you will all have. It sounds like a wonderful weekend to me.

Hildy said...

Love your sprout quilt it's really fun and beautiful! Have a great time:-)

gailss said...

Looks like the best kind of retreat and so many goodies ;))) Have fun and enjoy your time there.

Lesley said...

What a wonderful retreat this must be! He sprouts quilt is stunning, and all those special touches will be so appreciated by your retreaters! Well done!

T Holzer said...

Have a great retreat and the Stems quilt is beautiful!

kristie said...

Wow you have done a lot of preparing!!! Have a great time.

Gale, Ky quilter said...

Looks like fun! I wanna go!

Patty said...

Looks like fun! Have a great time.

Corrie said...

Good Luck Sinta! Happy Camping w/ your friends!

Jeanna said...

I always enjoy reading your posts about the annual retreat. So wished I lived closer so I could join.

You were very creative with your party favors. I'm sure everyone had a great time.

Poppyprint said...

Thanks for the link! I'm glad you liked the quilt design. A lot of love and hope went into it and I'm grateful for Tracey's generosity in giving me permission to adapt her scrappy sprouts block!

greg @ grey dogwood studio said...

Wow, you have been BUSY with all that prep! Hope your retreat is tons of fun!

QuiltSue said...

I am so behind with my blog reading that your retreat will be over now. I hope you all had a great time though.