GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Making Amends



On Monday I shared my First Blush 
quilt project...
I was part of the blog hop
 that is still going on
through next week! 
I have been seeing a lot of fun
 projects using First Blush...
have you been following along?




Other than that...
I have been focused on the last minute details for the retreat I host
annually.

This year there are over 50 women
 attending
 and the weather should
be fantastic!

It starts Friday...
so, just two more sleeps and it's time!



                                  

But while I am getting ready for that...
there is another baby
 shower in my family...
so I have a few assignments
 for that, 
Like these corsages.

It's actually a reveal party...
 we are anxious to know if

we have another boy
 on it's way or
 if it's a girl that will even the score!



I had to do a little sewing for myself in between the other things...





These blocks go together pretty fast!



It didn't take long to get to this!

I have been in love with my October Skies fabric by Verna Mosequera..
and I know it would be perfect for Thimble Blossoms 
Vintage pattern but I kept pushing it to the side...
until now!

What is most special to me about this pattern...
is that long before I ever knew how to quilt I had purchased a vintage 
blue and white quilt... but after I used it and WASHED it...
well, it became shreds. This was the block... I had never known the
name of it... but I made it my mission to figure it out...
I think that is what led me to quilting in the first place.

So, this will finally be my replacement for the one that was lost.
Making amends to the quilter who had made that beautiful blue and white
Album quilt.





6 friends stopped by to chat:

Lilpuddin said...

Beautiful quilt! Love the fabric you chose.

Hildy said...

Love your Vintage quilt! Have fun at the retreat and at the baby shower:-)

Miriam said...

The picture at the beginning of your post is enchanting--I'm looking for gnomes and fairies. I love your pillow with the First Blush collection. Beautiful album quilt!

Miriam said...

The picture at the beginning of your post is enchanting--I'm looking for gnomes and fairies. I love your pillow with the First Blush collection. Beautiful album quilt!

vernagrace said...

Hi
Love the quilt. Can you tell me the name of the quilt pattern that you made to replace the one that you had washed?

Thank you,

Vernagrace

Sherry said...

I made a quilt using the Vintage pattern and it is one of my favorites. I like the way yours is coming together. It is always fun to visit ad see what you are up to. It wish I could be at your retreat, I could use a break like that.