GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Midweek Bookshelf Browsing (with a surprise ending)

Yes, it's true...
there is going to be a new book published by Martingale Publishers
soon...
and I think I will be first in line to get it!



(all photos by Brent Kane for Martingale Publishing)




It will be a revisit to some of Carrie's beautiful quilts...





several that I have always wished I had made.



It looks like this book is packed full of wonderful inspiration
like you would expect from Miss Rosie!  



But...
wait, there's more!

There are a couple of other books
 that I have recently gotten my hands on...



Heart-and-Home-quilt

This Cottage Style Charm book is so cute!
It has pieced quilts, applique and embroidery projects too!
Everything from pincushions, to tote bags and pillows...
and of course quilts!
Lots of variety and in a style that 
Natalie Bird is known for!



Seriously sweet! 
I am really enjoying looking through this book...
and saving ideas for when I get some time to actually 
play in my sewing room!
I love the little tips in the book too!
 Lots of good hints for your embroidery!!!



This is another fun book...
The author is Karen Burns and it's a 
combination of  designs by your favorite designers.

So since I do love Churn Dash quilts...
I thought I should have a look!



There is a fun little video by Martingale...
I think you will like it!

Image result for I love Churn Dash book images



The book is filled with more than a dozen projects, large and small...


Some great scrappy ideas for Churn Dash blocks too...
because we all made the "promise" didn't we?

~To use our stash this year~

Well, here you go... 
this is a great stash/scrap buster!

Or how about a more modern style...

Image result for I love Churn Dash book images


All of this inspiration
 makes me look forward to the weekend!
So, happy Wednesday... we are getting closer to the weekend...
and you could actually order a book or two and have it by the weekend!


Okay... now for the surprise... all last year I wasn't able
 to comment on blogs that I read. 
I couldn't figure it out.
It had happened to me once before... 
and it took me forever to figure out the issue. 
And since I must not be a fast learner...
 it took me a year to get the problem fixed again.

But I am so excited... because that means
 I can 
leave comments
 on your blog posts once again!

I can't just tell you how frustrating that was! 



13 friends stopped by to chat:

sunny said...

Well I've made it to January 11 without buying a new book. But I MUST have that Natalie Bird book. Ohh la la!!!!!!!!!! Don't you just hate computers some times??

Needled Mom said...

Wow....those all look great. Hmm...more projects to come!!!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Oh my gosh, I wish all those books would magically appear on my shelf! LOL They look great!

Hildy said...

I love all these books and can't wait to have them in my hands! My favorite is of course Carrie's new book I just love her patterns!

Loris said...

Congrats on figuring out your computer glitch. :-)
These books have stirred my interest too. I love the Rosie's Farmhouse and the Churn Dash the best. Happy 2017!

Jocelyn said...

So happy to see that Carrie has another book coming out. Love her patterns and quilts!

kathy said...

A great line up of books. I am so happy to learn about Carrie of Miss Rosie's new book coming out. I just loved her quilts! I will have to keep my eye open for it.

Leanne said...

Gorgeous books, I'll be looking for Carries new one to. Happy sewing xx

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jeanna said...

All very interesting books. I have always loved seeing Carrie's quilts in blogland. She has many nice patterns.

Jennifer said...

I had no idea Ms Rosie was coming out with another publication! I must have it, and I adore the pincushion you featured on the other book. Thanks for sharing!

Linda in Calif. said...

I love the Churn Dash block too. This really looks like a fun book, I had no idea there were so many ways to make churn dash quilt. I'm thinking I need a scrappy churn dash quilt, like the one you have pictured.

How frustrating not to be able to comment. Did you write down the solution, in case it happens again? Well, I'm off to go see about the book.

Chookyblue...... said...

Natalie Bird is a great designer and I would love to get that churn dash book...........glad you can comment again........