GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Monday, March 6, 2017

Taking a "Sunday Drive"!

 Good morning people!

Today I get to show you a little something that I was able to
work on...




Morning Glory is the sweetest new pattern by
Here is a photo of the version by Fat Quarter Shop...


Take that pattern and the Sunday Drive fabric by Pat Sloan 
(that has just been released)
and you have a fun quilt that 
would be a great lap quilt... or picnic quilt...
but
since the pattern comes with fabric requirements 
and instructions for all bed sizes...
you can pick the right size for you!


I think this quilt will be my new "go to" quilt!
It looks a bit more difficult than 
it is!





Pat Sloan's fabrics are always so much fun...
and she has designed a wonderful 
batik group that coordinates with the
printed Sunday Drive pieces in the collection.


I decided to play with the batik group of Sunday Drive...
but I think it would be fun to mix the entire collection
and get all of that texture!



I added sashing between the blocks 
for my 9 block wall hanging
version
to give it a little
 extra sparkle with
 the cornerstones.

I'm thinking that I would like to 
make 4 of block A and
 4 blocks of B
to make a couple of accent pillows for spring.
Can you visualize that?

Please stop by Jolly Jabber to see the list of
other bloggers that 
used the Morning Glory pattern
and Pat Sloan's adorable new spring collection!
Have a good Monday!


8 friends stopped by to chat:

Hildy said...

Love your quilt and it's a great idea to make some pillows to go with the quilt.

Little Quiltsong said...

This is so cute! The added cornerstones and sashes fit beautifully into this pattern!

PatSloan said...

how beautiful Sinta! I love the ones you combine

Lisa said...

Love your quilt version!

Donna Pfost said...

Love it, love it, Love it!! :)

Needled Mom said...

That looks great!

Helen L said...

I love your version with the extra sashing and the cornerstones. It does add an extra sparkle to the quilt! Hugs, H

Rosa said...

I love your version and it`s a great idea make pillows.