GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Wednesday, February 7, 2018

The Path of Least Resistance

Toward the end of last month
 my little sister came for a visit.

It was going to be her
 birthday so I quickly
 made a couple of 



pillows for her, along with a 
couple more for her
sofa using
 Tula Pink Octopus fabric. (not shown)
We grew up at the beach, 
so she decided
to decorate her new home 
with a beachy feel. 
  
 I also put this quilt on the bed 
in the guest room         
for her... and let her take it 
home with her
   when 
she left.

I love this quilt and especially the quilting on it.

Fortunately, I have more of the Going Coastal fabric
that I stashed away... so I am able to make 
another Round and Round Quilt for myself to keep.
But the pattern I used for the pillows
 has been on my to-do list
for quite a while! 


I jumped on the band wagon for the 
Sewing a Village quilt along 
on Instagram.
It is a great way to use your left over fabrics!
I only have one roof made...
but it's coming together!






This was my original pick for the fabrics
to put in my Village.
I guess
that I am going for a Spring colored quilt!
It seems that I happen to have a lot of
choices to pull from for that theme!


And just because I find it hard to resist...

I joined another Instagram sew along.

It's a Jelly Roll rug sew along. The
ones I have seen are all turning out so
cute! But let me tell you.. it was so hard to 
open up this jelly roll!
It's by Cluck Cluck Sew... and the fabrics are adorable, 
so of course I have been hoarding it.
It's time for it to be used... that's what I keep telling myself!

I can't wait to see the rug come together.
Last weekend was interrupted by the
Super Bowl, but I think I will find time this weekend.


I also couldn't resist a couple of layer cakes...

Mamas Cottage is by April Rosenthal
and  Flower Mill by Corriander Quilts.
I really needed Flower Mill... because I know
I am going to want Corey's next line of fabric coming out soon.

I seem to have big plans for a short month!

How about you?




5 friends stopped by to chat:

Needled Mom said...

That's a lucky little sister!! I've seen such cute little houses popping up. Those will be fun. I've also seen some great rugs. Have a good time with both.

Hildy said...

Love she quilt and I'm sure your sister is so happy about that it's her's now:-)
February is always such a short month and like you I have some sewing plans but so far I'm happy with what I've already made.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

😇Gosh Sinta.... I wish I was your sister How sweet you are❤️
I love the quilt so much, and to make another one would be fun. You sister must love you to bits now. (good move, in case you goof up one day)
I have seen so many fun and adorable project-a-longs and I want to join so badly
But, my plate is way too full right now\

Sherry said...

I love the quilt you gave to your sister. I am sure that she will treasure it. It is fun to see the fabrics you have chosen for your Village Sew Along. I have joined in to and my fabrics have a similar feel. I ordered the pattern for the jelly roll rug but have not put much thought into which jelly roll I will use. Happy stitching!

Jean Tuthill said...

You have so many good projects going on! I love the quilt you gave to your sister. Very generous of you! I'd find it hard to do that. Love the little houses block!