GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Wednesday, July 18, 2018

I'm Ready for Sherbet and Air Conditioning

I thought I would just pop by and say hello!
My summer has been crazy busy... 
but 
I think my summer will start to quiet down now.

I have managed to sew a little bit here and there
but as of last weekend... I had to declare my sewing
room "uninhabitable"!



I love my sewing room... but it truly is a sun room
just off the house... which
means that I get no air conditioning during the summer
and no heat in the winter.
I actually enjoy the winter months... the cold
doesn't bother me whatsoever.
 I live in a mountain area 
so the lows can be in the 20's
 and the highs in the 40's at times.
Ah, what I would give for those
 temperatures right now!

Recently I decided to recover my outdoor furniture, 
and being the slave driver I am...I didn't stop
until I thought I would pass out!

  
(I have now made 4 accent pillows and
 covered buttons for the back cushion.. 
the loveseat is left to tackle).


So last weekend
when the temps were well into the triple digits
 I moved my featherweight on to a card table
in a spare bedroom... with blissful
 air conditioning blowing in my direction!

I set aside the outdoor furniture project to finish 
later... and started a much more fun summer time quilt!
I had been wanting to make all the quilts in the 

Image result for sherbet and Creams quilt pink pincushion


There are 6 patterns in the booklet.

Image result for sherbet and Creams quilt book

This one  is one of the fun patterns!
The patterns all focus on using solids with
scrappy low volume background fabrics.
Image result for first blush quilt pink pincushion

This one was my version.
I actually used my collection of vintage sheets for the
background fabrics and my solids bundle I purchased 




I used a bunch of leftovers for my backgrounds
and the fun solids for my Popsicles! 
I am excited to get the rows and sashing made!

I think I will continue with another project from the book
in August. It might be the Watermelon quilt... but I 
also really love the Jello Squares quilt! 

See you soon! 
Stay cool!





5 friends stopped by to chat:

Jeanna said...

Recovering your patio furniture cushions is adventurous in any temp. They are looking very nice though. I love your version of the Fig Tree quilt and the popsicles are adorable! Stay cool :)

Hildy said...

Your outdoor funitures look great love the fabric you choose for them.
I made the mini popsicles a few years ago it's just the perfect summer table runner.
Enjoy your summer sewing:-)

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Love using the vintage sheets as backgrounds quilt! You outdoor furniture looks great! Good luck with the next one!

QuiltGranma said...

LOVE your table with the treadle legs, and love the popsicle quilt! What FUN!

ctnbee said...

A great combination of colors. The choice of material is the basic thing that you have to choose wisely. Without this, the final effect will not make an impression. I often pay a little more money myself but I have the certainty of good quality materials.