GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Long Weekends Are A Good Thing

I am back from my busy 4 day weekend! But with no pictures to show for it!
I did a fair share of running around, going to the lake, cooking & playing board games with the kids. It's been so nice! A girl can get use to having l-o-n-g weekends. Ya know what I mean?
My first disappointment was when I realized that I mailed off the very late birthday presents I made for Heidi and Becky without taking a picture to show you first.
I am so sad because they were really really cute!
I had made spa bags out of Shangra-la fabrics and matching lavender wraps to heat up and put around your neck in coordinating Shangra-la fabrics. I embellished the spa bags with some vintage white buttons too. I have made several of these in the past. In fact I think that Miss Punkie Pie had been the recipient of these goodies from me in the past. She was my "Dolka Dot" swap partner a year or so ago.
(I also made a couple of travel pillow/pillow cases and matching luggage tags for them but I am going to save those for another gift giving.)
My second discovery that I actually left my camera behind today, so if I wanted to take a picture of the spa bags I couldn't have! Dang, dang, dang it!
I
Well, I will be armed with my camera tomorrow for sure. I know that I need to show what is next on my to do list for the Charmimg Girls Quilt Club... even though I didn't make the deadline for July's project... that's alright because I can count it in the August "finishes".

3 friends stopped by to chat:

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Dont ya hate it when you forget the camera??? We really wanted to see those bags too. :-)

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

And let me tell you, that spa pillow ROCKS AND the travel pillow. I was lucky enough to receive both in the polka dot swap. The pillow comes in handy. Of course for this trip, I forgot it at home! I agree with Sharon. Would have loved to see the bags you made!

Sherri said...

Oh, I had a long weekend too...they are a good thing!