GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Monday, May 24, 2010

A Bar-B-Que or Two

Last Friday was family day for the fire crew. Every year, at the beginning of the season, the guys put on a huge bar-b-que and invite their families to join them for the afternoon. The hubs and I went and our other son (#4), was working nearby and joined in also.

It's always fun to take a tour of the vehicle they ride in and get a lesson on the equipment
they use for fighting the wildfires. Sorry for the backside shot of Tauren... but you can see how their gear is stored in here.



Saturday I made a little picnic and took it over to where the kids (Todd & Jill) were working on the new home with Jill's parents. They are working on replacing the deck... but you know how those projects go. But the end of the day they decided that they would just replace the whole thing.


Over the weekend, I can't say I was very productive at all!
In fact I felt quite lazy!
I think that these potholders for the Potholder Pass Around #3, were the only things that really got accomplished. Ok, I did work on finishing up my Schnibbles...
but it's not like I can take a picture of that and show you...
but I can tell you that I really like the block on this one a whole lot and it goes together lickity split!



As for where I left off with the wedding veil... the bride to be gave it a try and we could see that some changes needed to be made. So I took it a part... did some revamping and put it together again. Now it's time to add the pearls. Other than that, I'm still in the middle of the wedding quilt and the quilting of the Triple Crown quilt. I am going at a snails pace...
but one thing I did do over the weekend was to keep close tabs on any Market updates and what was going on with Spring Market! Glimpses of new fabrics, new patterns... looking at the wonderful quilts that were made by some of our blogging buddies out there!
Yes, there I was, on the bleachers again and another Market viewed from the sidelines! 

10 friends stopped by to chat:

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Sounds like you've been a busy girl! Don't know if it's my computer maybe - but I can't see the photos on this post! Can't wait to see the veil - I bet it will be pretty! Ooh, can't wait to see the next Schnibbles! Hang in there!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I can't see the photos either. Something's up with your post, Sinta. I wanna see that veil!

Sherri said...

I can see the photos fine...but couldn't see them in Google Reader. Can't wait to see the veil and the wedding quilt too!

Thelma said...

This time last year I didn't even READ blogs, let alone have one, so this year's market news was very exciting for me, I enjoyed being in the bleachers!!

Smart girl, going for providing the picnic lunch for the deck crew, as opposed to being on the deck crew!

I can hardly wait to see the next Schnibbles, but you're lucky, you can't make a bad choice with those patterns, they're all wonderful.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Okay, I can see the pics now. LOVE those pot holders!!! Are they coming to ME??? ;) LOL!

Julie said...

Your son is a firefighter! Mine is one also!

Love the pot holders!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Goodness if you get any busier you'll be meeting yourself coming and going! ;-) Cute potholders! Can't wait to see the next Schnibble~ ;-)

Needled Mom said...

The BBQ looks and sounds like fun. It does sound like you have beeen busy.

I did the veil for my daughters wedding several years back and the photographer suggest we not put pearls or rhinestones on it because they look strange in the photos. We did it anyhow and the photos came out just fine.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I saw your photos. Love the backside! lol
Cute potholders.

prashant said...

Sounds like you've been a busy girl
Adsense Alternative