GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Eventide: The Brown Has Taken Over

Eventide is finally coming together.
I have made the blocks and the inner borders.
These pictures are really grainy... my little camera and I don't do well
early in the morning, by early, I mean before it's light out!
But I make my way to the sewing machine anyway just to get a little
progress made on my projects.



I have the individual rows assembled...

now I just need to get the rows put together.
This photo shows the colors of the fabrics much better.
I think I will make the deadline next week!
But before I can continue on this I need to get moving on
the next Le Petite project because the parade is coming
up on Friday!
(rain or no rain-- on my parade)

32 friends stopped by to chat:

Laura said...

That is beautiful.

Strlady said...

It's so hard to move awaay from a project that is moving you to work on a commitment project. I hope your petite project will be just as inspiring as this one is. Lovely.

Anita said...

The brown is making this quilt! The color comobs are great!

Béa said...

Wonderful so far !
I finished mine, it's posted on my blog if you want to see it :)

sunny said...

Great color combo! You'll have a beautiful quilt.

Betty Lou said...

Very nice! I will look forward to the parade and the next project.

Betty Lou said...

Very nice! I will look forward to the parade and the next project.

Betty Lou said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindy said...

This quilt is beautiful! I love your colors.

Lisa D. said...

I think it looks awesome! Good choice of fabrics.

Cyndi said...

Hey Sinta! I'm baaa-aack! That quilt is AWESOME! I love those color combination, and the pattern is fabulous. I so wish I could piece like you! *sigh*

XOXO,

Cyndi

Sherri said...

It's just gorgeous! I'm hoping I might get to work on mine this week still...hoping! Le Petite is pieced and quilting...just needs binding!

Me and My Stitches said...

So pretty - I would love to see it in person.

Heartsdesire said...

This quilt is sooo beautiful. And the brown is a fabulous addition.

Linda said...

It's so pretty. You"ll make the deadline for sure. I'm pretty sure I won't because I haven't even started cutting my fabric. Lol! Too many other things got in the way. Down to the wire on my Le Petite too. :-)

Darlene said...

Stunning!!!!

Rebecca P said...

What a beautiful quilt. I will have to go find that pattern, it is wonderful.
Your colors are so pretty, what fabric line are you using?

Gretchen said...

Oh I just love it with the brown large stars. The fabric is just wonderful.

Unknown said...

Looks Great!!

Thelma said...

Sinta, great job, you really worked hard to get the fabric just so, but I think it's paid off, I love it. I also like how you went light in the borders, it really works with the dark browns in the center, I would not have thought of that, but I think maybe having the dark brown in the large quarter square triangles in the border would have been too much, a distraction.

You just can't go wrong with Fig Tree fabrics!

I'm looking forward to your Le Petite Parade!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Beautiful!

Brita said...

Love that pattern, and the colors are really pretty. Sometimes you have to try different things before it comes out just right :-)

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

Looks wonderful!

carol said...

I love your colors. It is going to be beautiful!!

Shannon said...

What a wonderful quilt. I love the colors and the pattern. Those big stars are cool.

Kay said...

Your Eventide is so pretty. I love your color choices in it & your piecing is wonderful.

Cyndy said...

I like the brown and I am not particularly a brown kinda gal.

Nanette Merrill said...

So so darling. I love the brown. I need to use more brown.

John'aLee said...

Oh they are all just delightful!!

Cheryl said...

AMAZING!!!!!!!!

Karen said...

So beautiful!! My favorite part is the inner border. It really pops the quilt. I will have to remember to try that sometime.

Joanna from Fresh Figs said...

Loving that quilt Sinta! Really loving it! Can't wait to see it finished... and quilted!