GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Rain Was On My Side

I am so glad that it rained on Sunday!
The only chore that was on my list
was mowing the lawn! Ha! That wasn't going to happen!
So I crossed it off and headed up to the sewing room...


I only have one charm pack of Countdown to Christmas
(how can that be?)
So I went ahead and opened it and started making a row of
houses to make into a pillow...
I saw Carrie's post earlier in the week and was dieing to make one of those cute pillows or two!

(edit: thanks for pointing out the door that is upside down Sue! I must have been getting sleepy)


And then I moved on to some little basket blocks
to see how they were going to turn out.
I haven't done the handles yet though.
I am using the Petite Fours pattern by Fig Tree Quilts.
I love the colors of the blues and the creams in Blueberry Crumb Cake
by Blackbird Designs. I am not a big "blue" person..
but I love the shades in this group.
But, I do also love  Robin's Egg blue and beachy blues also...
like in my Schnibbles quilt
 Full House
aka Beach Houses
(did I mention I finished up this one also)?

I was savoring my seersucker charm packs of Dandelion Girl
by Fig Tree Quilts & Co.
Those seersuckers accompanied the line of fabric and were so hard to find.
But I love the sweet stripes and the texture of them and am glad that I used them for this
little quilt.

And just as I suspected, there is not much sewing happening this week so far.
Oh, I did trim the 1,987 flying geese
for the Studly and the Mrs. quilt along... does that count?
I figure that I should be done with the geese right about the time
it's time to start the "turkey"!

Posted by Picasa

21 friends stopped by to chat:

Carol said...

Love all of your houses!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I've been drooling over peoples Countdown to Christmas houses and pillows - they are so cute. Love the seersucker too! Happy Thanksgiving!

Sue said...

What cute houses ! Love your pillow & quilt! Question ? Second house on the right on your pillow ..... Did you mean to have the door upside down ?

HAPPY THANKSGIVING !

Kathy said...

Absolutely love the looks of your blog..............really getting into the spirit of the Holidays ;)

Cardygirl said...

Love those little houses...glad you enjoyed your rainy day!

Carol said...

I hope you dont have your Christmas houses sewn together yet because the gray house's door is upside down. That has totally happened to me before. You sure get a lot of sewing done. Love your blue/white baskets.

Kris said...

Love the Christmas houses! Hooray for rain!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Way to sew! :-) I love all your houses! I haven't seen seersucker charm packs~ how cool is that?! Have a happy Thanksgiving!

QuiltNut Creations said...

I love all your houses; especially the countdown to christmas ones-too cute!

Sherri said...

Love the houses...and the petit fours quilt will be so gorgeous in blueberry crumb cake!

Kay said...

Love all the cute houses. One of my favorite blocks. These just make smile :-) looks like you had a productive rainy Sunday.

Vickie E said...

love your houses!

Anonymous said...

Awesome houses....and I want to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!

aksherry said...

The house pillow is so cute!!! I want to make some!

Mary said...

I thought the upside down door was a window! All houses need a window. I love your new blog header, too!

Needled Mom said...

You really did accomplish a lot!!! Love the houses.

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Love your houses! Oh, and the snow falling across my screen is a lovely touch!

Cheryl said...

I had to make those houses too!! Just bought a pillow at JoAnns with my 40% off coupon.

rental mobil said...

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I'm so loving the houses and that just isn't "me". I'm thinking I need to get that pattern and get busy. Put it on my to do list for 2012. Maybe I'll make it all scrappy... that's not "me" either!

Avondster said...

Krásné