GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Wow Wednesday!

This was too much to show on Mosaic Monday, so I am going
to call this Wow Wednesday!

I am happy to have the Spring weather but 
if I lived here... this is the one reason I would 
hate to see winter leave...











Artist Simon Beck must really love the cold weather! Along the frozen lakes of Savoie, France, he spends days plodding through the snow in raquettes (snowshoes), creating these sensational patterns of snow art. Working for 5-9 hours a day, each final piece is typically the size of three soccer fields! The geometric forms range in mathematical patterns and shapes that create stunning, sometimes 3D, designs when viewed from higher levels.

3 friends stopped by to chat:

Michele said...

WOW is right! How beautiful! That is amazing work!!!!

Katie said...

That's ansolutely amazing. Gorgeous, thank you for sharing.

Angie in SoCal said...

Those are amazing! Thanks for posting these. I will alert my quilter friends of this post. I knew snow was good for other than providing water in the summer.