GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Thursday, March 6, 2014

Bee Keeping

I have been in the Bees Knees Sewing Bee for
two years now. A few of the members changed 
this year... but it has still been a fun group
to see with!
This was my project from last year.

I had a project in mind for these... and last week Thelma reminded me of it
when I read her blog. So I got them out and am making a commitment
to getting them completed!


 Starry Eyed was my Bee project for this year...
and I got all the blocks back already!
I had requested the group to make the star blocks and
I would make the alternate blocks.
Since I didn't really have the yardages the 
pattern called for to begin with... 
I used every bit of my scraps to pull
this one together!

You can see that I made nine-patches for the centers of
the alternate blocks in some... but I had a few larger scraps and I
went ahead and used them for the center of some of the blocks also.
(the pattern called for 4-patches for the centers)
I am working on sewing the rows together now!



I certainly would have liked to have used the fabric
in the original pattern... I like the black in it.
But this fabric is cute... it just doesn't have that contrast that the black 
gives. What do you think? 

16 friends stopped by to chat:

Lesley said...

I adore your quilt, especially with those fresh colours. Well done!

Needled Mom said...

I think it looks great. I love your colors. I also like the round blocks.

Auntie Pami said...

I like it. Just a different look. Thelma made me buy a FQ bundle of countdown. I'm still hoarding it.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Ahh, but you have the aqua! I think it looks great! :-)

Jeanna said...

Both look great! I love the first set of blocks, the round ones...they look difficult to construct, but they are pretty :)

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I like it. I like it a lot. The black is good but yours is prettier and fresher looking.

Kris said...

I love your quilting groups name. I miss my quilting group. We were called the Block Heads. Lovely quilts. As always, my friend!
xo Kris

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

What do I think? Hands down yours! Love your fabric choices! You are in a very talented group of ladies , I am sure they love the blocks you make for them too.

Pinkadot Quilts said...

It's nice to get back to things already started.The work is almost done!Your colors are great.

Barbietee said...

I have to agree....i love the freshness that yours brings to the quilt. And what a great way to use up all svraps by doing nined patch centers, love it!

Thimbleanna said...

I LOVE your version! And every time I see these Bees Knees posts, I have a little twinge of regret that I didn't join that first year -- sheesh!!!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Your Starry Eyed is adorable! I really love your blocks from last year--can't wait to see them in a finished project!

Anonymous said...

What a great setting - so versatile of you to utilize those scraps. It seems intended almost - planned scrappy! I think the two color schemes are both great - two very different vibes.

Patty said...

I love the quilt. I think I need to put it on my bucket list!

Corrie said...

Can't wait to see the Bees Knees quilt!

Sarah said...

I love the starry eyed pattern. It's one of my most favourite that the Moda Bakeshop has published. What a clever idea by you to use it for bee blocks. I think it looks great in your fabrics. I also adore Aneela Hoey fabrics, haha!