GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Book Review: Seems Like Scrappy




It seems that I haven't done a book review in quite a long time!
This book was release the beginning of June.
Have you already checked it out at your local quilt shop?

There are lots of great projects inside! 
Seems Like Scrappy was the created by the
amazing Rebecca  Silbaugh from Ruby Blue Studio blog.
She is super talented... not only with designing quilts but her
long arm quilting is amazing!

Photos used with permission from Martingale. 
Photography by Brent Kane. All rights reserved.


This was her first book:
Image of MY BOOK - Seamingly Scrappy


Sit back and enjoy some 
of the fun quilts that are in the book 
I have shown below...



I absolutely love this quilt!

Have you ever tried making a quilt with just solids yet?
This one is so tempting!


This one is fun in solids...
but for a different look
Rebecca made it up in sweet
Fig Tree fabrics and used two background colors to
change it up even more.




This quilt is so fun...


combining baskets and a hint of Irish Chain for a fresh look.


But then she  also created a fun blue and cream version that you 
can see on her blog.

Seems Like Scrappy is also filled with great tips and techniques
that will be great to add in your repertoire of skills!
Who doesn't like to pick up new tidbits of handy ideas?

Too cute!


And then there is the cover quilt!
A sweet version of a log cabin using
a fun setting for the blocks.



She ;has this wonderful chart on her blog that is meant to go along with the book.
It tells you the name of the quilt and the type 
of pre-cut you can use to make it... if you don't want to just raid your stash!

This quilt has got to go on my list!
Doesn't it look like the perfect project for fall???
It's called Shimmer!

Rebecca wrote a great  post about it on her blog
and you can read it HERE.

If you want to purchase a copy of your own you can get it at 

or at Amazon HERE.

Check out Rebecca's blog right now for an announcement and information about a
scrappy quilt challenge that just started this week!


8 friends stopped by to chat:

Needled Mom said...

Lots of fun designs there. I love that last one.

Karen said...

I haven't heard of this author but her quilts are wonderful!! I'll have to check out both books.

Kris said...

I will have to look for both of her books!
XO Kris

Hildy said...

Will add this book to my amazon list it looks great:-)

sunny said...

Thanks for the review! I think I may need this in my library. Love the baskets/Irish chain.

Ruby Blue Quilting Studio said...

Thank you for the review! -Rebecca

Connie said...

I love visiting your blog! It's like sitting down and visiting with a quilting sister and picking her lovely creative brain for ideas, inspiration and motivation. That cover quilt is gorgeous . . . what pretty fabrics and I love the way she laid out the log cabin :)

Jeanna said...

Great designs but I really like the log cabin. Thanks for the book review..I need all the help I can get on being scrappy.