GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Monday, November 27, 2017

Cake Mix Sew Along





This is week 3 of the Cake Mix Quilt Book Volume One Sew Along!

I am excited to share my project that I have been working on...
It's Fondant!

I paired a stack of 10" squares of batik fabrics and a layer cake of my background fabric and 
pinned my pre-lined paper... stepped over to my sewing machine and 
 started sewing!


These blocks came together pretty quickly... and the papers were a very helpful 
guide in the construction!




I loved how the book had the "visual aides"  aka patterns... 16 in all...

to show me the options of  the Cake Mix Recipe Cards. It's a great how-to book for using the Cake Mix Recipes by Miss Rosie's Quilt Company.



I enjoyed watching the videos by the Fat Quarter Shop... and picked up a few tips too!

I already have me next project sewn,
 cut and ready to go!


This will be the cover quilt pattern from the book!


Be sure to check out the last couple of weeks in the Cake Recipe Sew Along with 
featuring quilts from the It's So Emma Book...



You are here:

3 friends stopped by to chat:

Hildy said...

Beautiful quilt it's awesome!

Judy said...

I love the quilt, the colors are wonderful. Nicely done. I can't wait to get to my first cake mix quilt.

sanpiseth40 said...

Thanks for all your efforts that you have put in this, It's very interesting Blog...
I believe there are many who feel the same satisfaction as I read this article!
I hope you will continue to have such articles to share with everyone!
ตารางคะแนนบุนเดสลีกา