GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Wednesday, November 1, 2017

November is Harvest Time

 I thought it was a good time for 
a book review today!

Have you seen this one?

 

This new book by Kathy Schmidt was released in
September... by Martingale Publishers
 and it's the perfect project book for fall.

It has a dozen plus embroidery projects in it... 
and they all embrace Autumn in all of its
lovely color and textures!




Here are a few I picked to share with you...



This wall hanging is so pretty with all the leaves and acorns.


Image result for Stitches from the Harvest - Hand Embroidery Inspired by Autumn By Kathy Schmitz

*all photos are from Brent Kane for Martingale Publishers*



This squirrel has got to be the most adorable one
I have ever seen!



I always love a new seasonal dish towel...
do you not love the knife that the squirrel is on
or the spoon for the birdie? 




This is a super cute whimsical wearable project.

Image result for Stitches from the Harvest - Hand Embroidery Inspired by Autumn By Kathy Schmitz

Kathy creates beautiful stitcheries... and even though
I am not much of an "embroiderer" I love that her 
projects are not overly complicated and her directions
make it simple for a beginner.

I hope you get a chance to look at or, even better, 
 order a copy of this book.


It will
 definitely 
inspire you!





4 friends stopped by to chat:

Hildy said...

Cute book it's on my wishlist.

Jocelyn said...

So cute!

Sherry said...

I love Kathy's designs and this look like a fabulous book. I am a part of her "One Stitch at a Time" club and receive an embroidery pattern in my email each month. They are always great and I have made several things from these designs.

sanpiseth40 said...

The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much!
บอลพรุ่งนี้