GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Thursday, June 18, 2009

My Little Trip Recap

Hi there... I am back! Well, barely. I just have a quick minute to give my "what I did on summer vacation" recap. But first I want to show you my Very Vintage 4th of July Swap. This is my gathering of goodies that I sent off to my swap partner. The pieces with the ric rac are dish towels that I made. I added candles, candied berries, a flag and some vintage Independence Day tags. I also put a flag in a picture frame for Michelle... oh and of course some flower seeds to plant!


This little guy is called a Zonie. We took this little side trip. And low & behold... a variety of exotic animals including this fellow that is half ponie and half zebra!

We made it to our destination and had a great time while we were here in Portland. I did get to go to Lake Oswego and do some monetary damage at the Pine Needle Quilt Shop! Woohoo!

These girls are related to me... girls, people to go shopping with! I was in heaven!


Here is a photo of the wedding cake topper that was at the anniversary dinner. The cake was wonderful and the topper is the same one that they originally had on my aunt and uncle's wedding cake 60 years ago! They were as adorable as this little cake topper and just as sweet as the cake!!!
More to follow tomorrow.









4 friends stopped by to chat:

Sherri said...

Sounds like fun...love the 4th of July swap gifts!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Great swap gifts and the wedding cake topper is awesome! So retro. I love it!

Jodi Nelson said...

Goodness! I missed your earlier posts because I was out of town. But here you were in my neck of the woods and I didn't even know! Boo Hoo. ooxx`jodi

Michelle said...

Thak you soooo much for the swap gift. Hope you enjoyed yours too!! Have a great summer.

Michelle